engine jerking

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

john_trickle
Expert

engine jerking

Post by john_trickle »

When i drive my lanos it keeps jerking like its not getting enough fuel what do you think the problem might be.

john boy
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

More info required.
When (infrequently/consistent/under certain conditions)
what have you checked already.
any CELs?

Check plug leads, plugs, fuel filter...

--Tim
john_trickle
Expert

Re: engine jerking

Post by john_trickle »

john_trickle wrote:When i drive my lanos it keeps jerking like its not getting enough fuel what do you think the problem might be.

john boy
Ive changed the spark plugs,spark plug wires,new coil pack,fuel filter.
and still having the dramas now it might be the fuel filter on its way.

john
boosted_to_zero

Post by boosted_to_zero »

how can it be the fuel filter if u hv already changed it?. try the air sensor, disconnect it from the air pipes n take it for a drive n see how it feels if its different then its not the air flow sensor, but if its the same try replacing the sensor

buggered air sensors can make the car run like shit n cuasin jerkness n abnormal fuel consumption
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

could it be bad gas if you have gotten it from a bad gas station? or did you let the tank get empty and it had just got trash into the line
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
john_trickle
Expert

Re: engine jerking

Post by john_trickle »

john_trickle wrote:When i drive my lanos it keeps jerking like its not getting enough fuel what do you think the problem might be.

john boy

I ment to say it might be the fuel pump not the fuel filter,as for the gas i used i used the premium stuff so cant be the fuel what about the fuel idling sensor maybe its not adjusting proplery.

john
boosted_to_zero

Post by boosted_to_zero »

did u try the air flow sensor. If u havent i suggest u try that first
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Well.... I'm afraid the only solution is to install a turbo on your Lanos :roll:

Just joking..... sort of ;)

The idle is controlled via the fuel maps of the ECU

If any of the sensors are damaged the ECU will go into "safe" mode.... it will run very rich and it will run like crap.

This is to protect the engine due to the fact that it can't calculate the correct ratio with a faulty sensor.

Having said that........ if the ECU noticed a bad sensor and it would have immediatly turned on the Check engine light ( CEL )

During Idle and Full throttle the ECU runs off maps...... the rest of the time it's using the O2 sensor for feedback on the air/fuel mixture.

So.... it could be your O2 sensor (first one after the catalytic converter)

It could also be the catalytic converter.... if it was plugged up the car would barely run.

It could also be fuel injectors..... one or more may be on it's way to failure.

If for example two fuel injectors were 90% plugged.... the ECU would try to compensate by dumping in more fuel.

The net result would be two cylinders running really rich and two running really lean with very little power.

As a result.... the O2 sensor and ECU would be happy..... because the two cylinders running rich would make up for the two cylinders running lean.

The engine would not be happy.... you would get severe power loss and the engine would run very rough.

Unfortunatly there are dozens of possible reasons for your vehicle to run poorly.

It might help if you let us know the mileage of the vehicle..... which would help determine if something such as an injector might be the problem.

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
wOo-TaNg
Super

Post by wOo-TaNg »

im having the same problem could it be weather
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Having the same problem as well... Noticed when I hit the gas hard at all or when I am driving uphill.

Idles fine... drives fine as long as I'm maintaining speed, but accelerating and going uphill and the engine shudders and stutters on me.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

wOo-TaNg wrote:im having the same problem could it be weather
i have to say no, i am not having the problem and our weather isnt that much different

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

have any of you checked your intake to see if it is dirty or clogged? i know mune was at 52k kms so most probably you have this too specially that you got the VGIS system that got so many passages for dirt to accumilate.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
dr_buck

Post by dr_buck »

My Lanos is very jerky when cold, especially in 3rd gear when on or off the throttle. I've put it down to a sticky throtle cable, dunno if that's any help to anyone?
1999 Lanos 1.6SX
wOo-TaNg
Super

Post by wOo-TaNg »

MMamdouh wrote:have any of you checked your intake to see if it is dirty or clogged? i know mune was at 52k kms so most probably you have this too specially that you got the VGIS system that got so many passages for dirt to accumilate.

MMamdouh
so i gotta clean my engine or what?
kenchee

Post by kenchee »

Good Day Guys,
I'm also having the same problems. Mine is a 1999 5door lanos.My odometer is about 120000km. Mine tends to jerk when accelarating and going up hill. Mine does it on all weather conditions. It doesn't do it all the time, but say twice everyday? and it does it especially on 3rd gear. no CEL lights. I've changed new ignition leads and spark plugs. I've also added in a fuel injection cleaner to my petrol. Doesn't help at all. I've checked the air intake and it seems to be clean. I've taken it to my mechanic and he can't seem to find any fault with it. Any suggestions? Thanks