How do I reset the check engine light?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

robbase

How do I reset the check engine light?

Post by robbase »

I already tried to pull fuse#5, didn't work, anyone know what fuse to pull or what other procedure other than disconn the battery? Someone help me!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Have you found out why it came on?
Have you fixed the problem that caused it to come on?

If there is still a problem that needs fixing, you should not try to just turn it off.
robbase

Post by robbase »

I pulled the code, it indicates code 342 "camshaft position sensor Low input" anyone know what that means? Maybe I'll start a new thread.
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

THat means that you need to change your cam position sensor. It really isn't that hard, if u know what u r doing. But if you would prefer, you could get your local mechanic to do it and it should be that much. It is located between the cams underneath the spark plug covers. hope this helps
nderryking

Post by nderryking »

Daewoo cam sensors are crap. They fail. You need to replace them. That is the way of Daewoo. I've had mine replaced twice under warranty and expect to have to replace them again with my own $$$.

They should have recalled them.
armstrei

cam position sensor

Post by armstrei »

I just bought a 2000 Daewoo Nubira and of course, according to previous post, my check engine light came on. Well, to make a long story short, does anyone know where I can order this part from? :roll:
LanosLvr

Post by LanosLvr »

I live in boston, MA and the nearest place to me is Nashua, NH i just figured this out after hunting for parts for the last 3 months. If u need a number i can be happy to get one for you and they could possibly ship u the parts that are needed for your car. Hope this helps!
philou

Re: cam position sensor

Post by philou »

armstrei wrote:I just bought a 2000 Daewoo Nubira and of course, according to previous post, my check engine light came on. Well, to make a long story short, does anyone know where I can order this part from? :roll:
check maybe from gm dealer now, or suzuki dealer
SinDromX

Post by SinDromX »

robbase wrote:I pulled the code, it indicates code 342 "camshaft position sensor Low input" anyone know what that means? Maybe I'll start a new thread.
How do you read this code ?
CustomVW

Post by CustomVW »

SinDromX wrote:
robbase wrote:I pulled the code, it indicates code 342 "camshaft position sensor Low input" anyone know what that means? Maybe I'll start a new thread.
where can as get a reasoable price on a code reader?
philou

Post by philou »

CustomVW wrote:
SinDromX wrote:
where can as get a reasoable price on a code reader?

I know there canadiantire sell them for around 200$ca