00 Lanos CEL P1336 - Crankshaft - Help

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jdmikey

00 Lanos CEL P1336 - Crankshaft - Help

Post by jdmikey »

I have a 00 lanos dohc hatchback. I am getting a p1336 CEL. It indicated that the computer is not reading the crank sensor or something. The car runs it's just that the CEL is on. I have 58K miles on it. All stock. Thanks!
SuzukiRacer

Post by SuzukiRacer »

That could just mean the sensor is bad. It might be dirty or you need a new one. I looked up the code and it says "CKP system variation not learned" I doubt its any mechanical failure, most likely just a bad sensor.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

+1

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

+2
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
jdmikey

Post by jdmikey »

i checked the sensor to see if it had any oil on it that might cause it to fail but nothing. where is a good place in the US to get a NEW sensor? i see ebay has a couple used one's but i want to see about getting a new one. BTW, what does +1 and +2 mean? does it mean ya'll agree with what was said above? thanks.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

jdmikey wrote:i checked the sensor to see if it had any oil on it that might cause it to fail but nothing. where is a good place in the US to get a NEW sensor? i see ebay has a couple used one's but i want to see about getting a new one. BTW, what does +1 and +2 mean? does it mean ya'll agree with what was said above? thanks.
Yeah +1 and +2 means they agree, and i agree also... and i agree with them also... And like you're looking for a new sensor, i got mine off of DaewooUS.com, a little more pricey on some things there, but not always...
a woo that is a work in progress
jdmikey

Post by jdmikey »

Hey Aneab, did you also have the code I have? p1336? thanks for all the help folks. I greatly appreciate it. So most likely I have a faulty crankshaft sensor.
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

jdmikey wrote:Hey Aneab, did you also have the code I have? p1336? thanks for all the help folks. I greatly appreciate it. So most likely I have a faulty crankshaft sensor.
At the moment i can't remember, but i'm pretty sure that was the one... I had it scanned at Autozone over a year ago...
a woo that is a work in progress
jdmikey

Post by jdmikey »

Well, i just replaced the crank sensor and my check engine light is still on. Im stumped now. Does it have to be resynchronized?
jdmikey

Post by jdmikey »

any other ideas? i really want that CEL gone. thanks in advance
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

got CEL ---> get it scaned.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
azazel19
Junior

crank sensor

Post by azazel19 »

did you gap the sensor properly. I don't know what the gap is but i'm sure someone will chime in. I had read somewhere about the sensor not working properly unless you gap it to the right measurement. hope this helps.
"mess with the best die like the rest"
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I hope you disconnected the battery before replacing the sensor. Also are you positive you changed the correct sensor? The crank sensor should be in the back of the engine near the bottom. (by the crank pully)
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com