Engine specs. for forenza

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

SuzukiRacer

Engine specs. for forenza

Post by SuzukiRacer »

Does anybody here know or know where to find the engine specs for the forenza/optra? I need to know what the sizes are for the pistons and valves, basicly everything. Ive been looking at this website, importperformanceparts.com. Its really cool, they will rebuild any engine and build custom parts straight from the machine. Sounds like a good way to get a strong engine. Can anybody help? Thanx
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Why do you need beefier parts anyway? You can manage more than enough power without upgrading anything more than connecting rod bolts.

Sorry though, cant help you off the top of my head.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
SuzukiRacer

Post by SuzukiRacer »

well i badly want to get a turbo eventually. but thats so much work and money. I was thinkin bout first upgrading the engine instead, like forged internals and higher compression.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

SuzukiRacer wrote:well i badly want to get a turbo eventually. but thats so much work and money. I was thinkin bout first upgrading the engine instead, like forged internals and higher compression.
You really dont need to bother. How much power you want to get?

Unless your going over 200whp (probably alot more than that still) there is no need to upgrade anything in the engine other than the connecting rod bolts. FYI the car makes 100whp stock so thats double.

If anything you would want lower compression for a turbocharged car.

A turbo is probably easyier than you think... but can get costly. What are your goals as far as power goes with the car?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
SuzukiRacer

Post by SuzukiRacer »

id like to get around 250hp. maybe about 15psi boost. Just think that the pistons wouldn't handle the pressure.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

SuzukiRacer wrote:id like to get around 250hp. maybe about 15psi boost. Just think that the pistons wouldn't handle the pressure.
That's like 220whp. You might be able to do that on stock internals... it just depends on what psi you run. The first problem would probably be detonation. Do you want this 250hp goal for everyday driving or just the track?

I hoping to get 200whp on 8psi and I think its possible with my setup as I have lots of extras.

Either way, I'd recommend doing the turbo before internals but keeping the psi around 6-8psi. Internals would do much for you untill you have the turbo. So ask yourself if you rather have 180whp untill you can save up for internals or if you rather have internals with little if any gains untill you save up for the turbo. I recommend you start off with a UD pulley and exhaust.. but only a cat-back and make sure you build it with the turbo in mind so you dont have to do another when the turbos on. Another bad idea would be clutch/pressureplate too and while you upgrade those might as well get a lighter flywheel since its cheap. My clutch was slipping very little at only about 120whp but with 180whp it wouldnt be very drivable at speed.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Low boost turbo-ing is easy 8) 8)

15psi is a big amount of pressure though... especially on the bigger engine if you're running something like a T3 turbo that flows a big amount of air.
You'd want a really good tune for sure...

15psi would be "no traction-torque steer-whip lash-tastic" :lol:
Whats the most boost that's been run on Daewoo engine so far? I think the Nubira Wagon Turbo had 12psi on stock internals?

--Tim
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

ubuyau wrote:
15psi would be "no traction-torque steer-whip lash-tastic" :lol:
Whats the most boost that's been run on Daewoo engine so far? I think the Nubira Wagon Turbo had 12psi on stock internals?

--Tim
For some reason I think someone was running around 15psi.. but I'm not sure.

With the right tune you could run 12-13psi... but I doubt anymore. If you lower the compression I think you could get away with 15psi and the right tune.

I dont like the way your going into this though. I say get the turbo and run 6psi, upgrade your tires, upgrade the brakes, upgrade the suspension, get ARP connecting rod bolts, boost to 8-10psi, get an LSD, get internals and boost untill your satsfied or run into another problem. Even 12psi is pointess without some sort of suspension upgrade and an lsd would make it much much faster. Without brakes you'll kill yourself.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
SuzukiRacer

Post by SuzukiRacer »

yeah i totally agree with u, but ur making it sound so simple. They dont have any of these custom parts for this vehicle. Sure i could get a turbo, and tom was selling a turbo manifold that would fit. Intercooler and blowoff valve is easy to get. What about all the technical stuff though like fuel management, better fuel injectors, higher fuel pressure, Maybe any necessary timing adjustments. But nobody sells any suspension kits other than lowering springs, at least to my knowledge. Also i should mention i have an auto trans. Manual trans were not availlable with the car. Will the turbo still work and where could u find lsd anyway?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

SuzukiRacer wrote:yeah i totally agree with u, but ur making it sound so simple. They dont have any of these custom parts for this vehicle. Sure i could get a turbo, and tom was selling a turbo manifold that would fit. Intercooler and blowoff valve is easy to get. What about all the technical stuff though like fuel management, better fuel injectors, higher fuel pressure, Maybe any necessary timing adjustments. But nobody sells any suspension kits other than lowering springs, at least to my knowledge. Also i should mention i have an auto trans. Manual trans were not availlable with the car. Will the turbo still work and where could u find lsd anyway?
As for the tunning its better to leave that to a dyno shop that specializes in aftermarket turbo systems. I'll send you a PM about injectors and turbo mani.

Yeah Boshart motorsports has coil-overs for our car.. you can get just the heith adjustable ones or they have 3-way adjustable. They are amazing, I've got them and have all four tires sitting up inside the fenders with really wide 225mm tires. I recently had 5 other people in the car and had no rubbing issues still... all I've done is roll the rear fenders too. BMS can also get a qualife lsd. As far as auto tranny I havn't an idea how much power it can hold. With better offset wheels, slighter more narrow tires, and a bit more fender work I could drop the car to the point where you dont even see the tire at the top of the wheel.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

auto tranny can work fine with turbo

mine is auto and i am planning to turbo it

atleast 6-8 psi

for injectors any top feed, high impedance, saturated injectors can fit

if u get the correct injector for your hp goal u may no need extra fuel pressure

but maybe a bigger fuel pump

or for safety get a FMU

management for the bigger injectors can be any piggyback computer

for 6-8psi timing control is not necesary but use intercooler and 93 + oct fuel

other safety features the ARP rod and head bolts, refresh the engine, use synthetic oil

remember to use good quality parts and the rest is just things that all turbo projects need
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST 304whp 319tq @22psi w EVO 3 16G Daily Driven
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

extra

any manifold from a car that has the same bore(86mm) and same distance between each exhaust port can work

but u will need to change the flange have one custom made and weld it to the manyfold

u can use SR20DET and Tiburon 4cyl turbo manyfolds
DAEWOO Nubira 2.2L Turbo 217whp 204tq @13psi SOLD
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Nubira2.2 wrote:
but maybe a bigger fuel pump

or for safety get a FMU

management for the bigger injectors can be any piggyback computer

for 6-8psi timing control is not necesary but use intercooler and 93 + oct fuel

other safety features the ARP rod and head bolts, refresh the engine, use synthetic oil

remember to use good quality parts and the rest is just things that all turbo projects need
91+ octane will work for 8psi... its very hard to find anything over 91 unless its 100-110 octane but thats about twice as much a gallon.

We really dont know how well the fuel pump will work with all that extra fuel needed. You should be safe though at 8psi. Some people say you can get by on 12psi with the stock pump... but we're really not sure. Its not a hard or really expensive mod so I suggest upgrading it anywhere above 8psi.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
Nubira2.2
Expert

Post by Nubira2.2 »

sorry is that here in PR we can get Shell Defenda 93 oct Premiun UnLeaded Fuel