A/C belt too short solotions

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanowoo
Expert

A/C belt too short solotions

Post by lanowoo »

just incase someone else needed a belt for their a/c and there are to short, this will help you fron burning up in your car.
I had to put a new a/c belt on my lanos and the new belts on the market are a inch too short, and everybody is sending them back to be remade, well i fixed that kinda problem. Even my dealership had to take a whole case of them back. I fixed it. when you take off the plastic cover under the car with a 10mm, put it aside and take a 14mm and losen the adjustable pulley, then take the belt and put it over the crankshaft and the a/c and over the top side of the adj. pulley, then push the pulley up as close to the timming belt cover and themn pull the belt along the sides of the pulley, you may have to take a piece of a pipe and use it to pull the belt down far enough to get it in the tracks of the pulley. then take a hammer and use the pointed end and pull thepulley tight and then tighten the bolt and put the cover back on and violia, cold air.
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the tensioner is now pressed against the back side of the belt... right?

i am afraid this will put strain on the belt edges and make it more vulnerable to break, i'd get the correct size belt if i were you.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

that is the daewoo exact part, they are made diffrently because they accidentally shorted the belt. The belt is on the correct way, its just takes some effort to get the shorter belt to go on right. the technicians couldn't put the belt on, they tried for an hour, and when i got home that night, i had put the belt on. you just have to manipulate the belt side ways around the pulleyand then you can get the belt on. the dealership had shipped 12 cases full of the short belts back, when i could get them 3.99 usd instead of 14.99usd. they said that they were the right belt #9330. just made shorter. there was a woman that had a lanos that day and couldn't have any a/c belt b/c they were short, and i have one of them on my car without having to wait 90 business days.
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
Mario

Post by Mario »

The right part number stamped on a belt that is out of specs (wrong size) still doesn't make it OK to use for me.

I would wait for the right part or use another aftermarket one...

Why put your car out of specs, just to save a few bucks. At least that belt isn't driving a water pump!
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

hell i would never put anything like that on a water pump, i a/c is expendable.
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER