Forenza Lacetti Optra and Opel Astra OPC

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bsharon

Forenza Lacetti Optra and Opel Astra OPC

Post by bsharon »

Hi,
How come when 360d was still running I could get engine covers or valve covers that said OPC that look just like the OPEL?

I have been spending like all day looking up stuff on the Opel Astra to compare engines.

They "look" like the same damn thing, except the Opel has a sweet looking turbo set-up....

I am assuming the answer is gonna be no, but here goes. :?

Will the Opel Astra OPC turbo set-up work on the Forenza , Lacetti , and or Optra?

If not, why the hell not. :( *sniff* lol

Allright well It just seams to me that we need some f-ing performance parts badly and fast. Before my car is old and decrepid and has like 200K miles on it. lol

Thanks good peoples of Daewootech :D
Jere

Post by Jere »

it isn't just a turbo kit, the engines are comletly diferent because it's OPC ;)

OT
I'm not informed very well, here in Croatia we have 1.8 engines with 125hp, same as in opel astra 1.8, but now, opel launched 1.8 engines with 140hp ? car dealers say taht the only diference is in the chip ?

how many hp in 1.8 engine do you have ?

tnx :)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well the forenzas, optras, and Lacettis in the USA have the 2.0l engines. they have like 135hp or something like that. they under rated them at the dealerships here. and i don't think the engines are the same. they might be in the same family but are actually quite different.

Tom would you or Chris like to elaborate and make an essay of an answer out of this? :lol:

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.