Need Help With My New Engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Jesse18873

Need Help With My New Engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jesse18873 »

My mechanic put a new engine in my 2000 daewoo leganza, the only problem is that the fuel pump doesnt buzz when you turn the key. In other words, the engine is not getting any gas. Sort of like when you let the battery die down, then recharge it and you hear the motor gaining power. Well it's not doing that. He's blaming it on the battery, but what do i know right? He's the mechanic, yeah right. Well he also ran into this cable that runs of a relay behind the motor that looks like it could possibly be a ground wire, its only 6 inches long and it's too skinny. He doesnt know where it goes, can you help me help this mechanic flunk-a-lot???
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Well, normally, fuel pump should prime for approximately 2-3 seconds when you turn the ign key to on position. This can be confirmed by measuring voltage with multimeter at the fuel pump. If voltage (+12V) is present, most likely your fuel pump is shot. If you get no voltage, try grounding to the chasis, as opposed 2nd pin on the fuel pump. If no luck here, have your mechanic check for continuity from the fuel pump connector, to the fuel pump fuse. Check the fuse. Replace fuel pump relay, even if you hear it clicking. This is not a rocket science, and good mechanic should have no issues troubleshooting your car. Post follow up ;)

Tom

Post by jjthegreat »

Damn. Internal Combutions basics --> Needs gas.
If the fuel pump aint running, just make sure the fuel pump relay is properly seated and like GSI said, it clicks. If it clicks and the fuel pump isnt running, bad lead/ground or bad pump. Not rocket science.
JJ
pavlozky
Junior

Post by pavlozky »

There is a pressure release valve on the Fuel rail over injectors, if you press it down it let you know is there fuel pressure in it, turn the key to on possition, that will let your pump work, carefuly check is there pressure on the valve I've talk about.
If is positive, but your car does not turn on find a fuel pressure gage to check the fuel pressure, In Daewoo's there is a problem with fuel pumps, if it failing the pressure will drop, even if pumps working you can't turn your engine on.
I have to check what your factory pressure. I don't have that info... If someone can help, please HELP!
Lanos King Rules!
Jesse18873

Post by Jesse18873 »

Well I bought a new battery and the mechanic just left my house with it. I also bought new battery ends for the terminals. Now he came up with a conclusion that since the other battery was crappy, the fuel pump was not getting enough power to properly turn on. Well I'm going to give him till 3 this afternoon to see with what else he comes up with.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

as i recall the operational fuel pressure is 42PSI on our cars.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
pavlozky
Junior

Post by pavlozky »

Thanks MMamdouh!
Lanos King Rules!