Cam Position Sensor Recall Replacement

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

JohnnyC
Expert

Cam Position Sensor Recall Replacement

Post by JohnnyC »

My Cam Position Sensor was doing it's usual crap of not working correctly. Got an appointment set up for Wednesday to get it taken care of :) Free of charge! WOOT
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i told you!

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Yeah... I had been trying to get the local dealership to take care of it but they kept giving me the run around. So I contacted one about 45 mins from me and they gave me no hassle what-so-ever.

The funny part was that they said my Woo had it's AC switch replaced under a recall... which I laughed and told her that was impossible since I don't have AC in my woo! haha
jjthegreat

Post by jjthegreat »

OMG this is replaced under a recall? I just toiled over 2 leganzas for cam angle sensor replacements sourced from ebay. Figured these were consumables.
This is under an official bulletin?
JJ
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

you have to go to the dealership to see if your car is included under the recall

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Actually... what you need to do is call a dealership. Go to www.DaewooUS.com and look for a dealership in your area. Then call them and give them your vin number (have it ready for them ahead of time). Have them look it up and see if your VIN falls under the recall. If it does, set up an appointment to bring your car in for them to fix it (it's a replacement part and a new fuse for it). They'll probably tell you it will take 2 hours. Then... make sure you show up on time. Free fix. :)

I think I plugged "Daewoo Lanos Recall" into google and it spat out a page that showed all the recall stuff for our woo's in general. I know that another item under recall is the A/C switch. :)
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

On the way to go get it done. I should have results later today after I get home. :)
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Well... all fixed now. My only complaint is the wiring to the new fuse is kinda lame... it's kinda sticking out from my Valve Cover Cover... I might have to do something about that.

Of course they also left the old Cam Position Sensor just sitting in my engine bay. I found that when I got home :(

anyway... no more CEL :D Yay!