need help doing the timing belt on my Nubira.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jeepster118

need help doing the timing belt on my Nubira.

Post by jeepster118 »

hey guys whats up. i am currently doing the timing belt in a deawoo Nubira station wagon. it comes with the DOHC 2.0L and i ran into some trouble. i was able to take off the serpentine belt and timing belt by just sliding it off. i need to put the serpentine belt back on becuase i never got the chance to take off the 4 hex nuts that hold the pulley in its place to remove the timing belt. before the serpentine belt had the self ajuster on the water pump pulley but when we got the belt back where it goes it doesnt move now. so we cant pull it enough to let it slide back into place. what do you guys think happened? or am i missing something? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Welcome here,

Maybe the bolts were fitted with threadlock compound. Use first grade tools to remove them. If you don't have the manual look here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N99C81Q2 .

Daniel
pavlozky
Junior

Post by pavlozky »

Have you tried to loose the water pump?
That is what let you tight or untight the timing belt..
Lanos King Rules!
jeepster118

Post by jeepster118 »

i have not tried to loosen the water pump. do you mean the bolt on the pulley or the actual water pump?
jjthegreat

Post by jjthegreat »

Im a little confused reading the post, but how are you sliding things around? You are using auto tensioner to create slack right? Same idea as the tentioner on the S belt.
JJ
pavlozky
Junior

Post by pavlozky »

I'm talking about the water Pump itself, it has 3 Hex Screws that hold it down, just unscrew them and pull out it. But make sure you place a mark in the old water pump and in the engine itself matching them. The pass the same mark of the Old Water Pump to the new one, Install it and when tightening the Timing Belt alight both marks.. that will help you.
Remember there is more that just take out the timing belt. You HAVE to place your engine at time, and of course you need to change other things too..
Lanos King Rules!