Duel throttle body project for daewoo racer 1.5

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

zingy

Duel throttle body project for daewoo racer 1.5

Post by zingy »

My new project is very interesting i am going to attach two throttle boddies instead of one on a daewoo. I just found a throttle body of corolla and will make a base for this one and both of them will run two accelereator wires connected to the same accelereator pedal so both will work simultaneously the new throttle will not include any injector just a butter fly valve for more air a 1.5 inch hole will be made in the intake manifold and a 1.5 inch pipe will be welded to the intake manifold from the back and this 1.5 inch pipe will be connected to this throttle body so walla two throttle bodies instead of one & both throttle bodies will be connect to two ram air cold intakes ????
i have taken the liberty to take pictures of the next throttle body

Mods done so far:
4-2-1 header
2.5 inch exhaust pipe
straight through muffler
8 mm wires
platinium plugs
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

nice projekt, but i don?t believe that it will bring you so much. the pipes of the intake mainfolder are the constriction in this system. so you have to make them larger. but don?t take to much material away...

btw: more air is never wrong, but it is only a 1.5 engine and no 2.0 or more. at larger engine, your two throttle body system have a right to be there. ;) a hot camshaft will you bring more...

tschau norman
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

There should be less restriction in your intake system with the twin throttle body setup, but im guessing the engine wouldnt vac huge amounts of extra air.

A lumpy cam would help more too with the extra air. 8)

Its a good unique project for sure - I havent seen a twin tb setup on a racer before!! :lol:

--Tim