Changing crank shaft

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

zingy

Changing crank shaft

Post by zingy »

Question folks is is a 1.6 daewoo crank shaft compatiable witha 1.5 sohc and if so what if it fits the 1.5 with its connecting rods will it increase hp cause it would definetely would increase compression ratio????
any technical diagrams regarding the two engines would be a treat?????
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

On the A15SMS/A16DMS engines in the lanos, the crank and rods (same stroke) are the same. The difference comes in the bore of the pistons.
Both OEM piston/rod combinations give the same 9.5:1 compression ratio, just the bore is different.
So on these lanos engines the "1.6 DOHC crank" and "1.5 SOHC crank" can be swapped because they are the same. :)

Im not sure about compatibility with the older G15MF engine...

--Tim
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i am not sure about hte 1.8 and 2.0 engines as far as stroak is concerned... got to do more search about that.

Tim: this means you can get forged rods for a 1.6 to use it on your car... eh?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

MMamdouh wrote:Tim: this means you can get forged rods for a 1.6 to use it on your car... eh?
MMamdouh
At this stage im not looking to raise the rpm limit of the engine - its going to be a street car primarily (with the TINYEST bit of drag action and rarely circuit), so high rpm doesnt really suit my driving style or application. The stock rods should be fine for me.

Im tossing up at the moment whether to get the stock rods shot peened, polished and crack tested...

--Tim