Help needed in mods

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

zingy

Help needed in mods

Post by zingy »

I have got a Daewoo racer with a 1.5 ohc engine the mods i have done so far is fitted it with a 4-2-1 header and a 2.5 inch exhaust pipe all the way it has increased the torque so much that the wheels keep on spiinning i have decided to upgrade my air intake sytem firstly i was thinking of removing the coolent lines of throttle body but i dont know the exact positions where they are located in the intake manifold other then that i have decided to put extreme ram air installation in my car here is the webside
http://www.karlsnet.com/mopar/ramair.shtml
also a underdrive pulley installation dont know about that much but will that help
i have already removed the crank cover vent hose from the intake also will double duel fuel pumps help in pumping more fuel do you guys have any suggestions or the mods that i can do to increase horsepower and torque
with regards

amir
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the coolant lines to your t/b wont help with any power increase. id put the crank casehose back on, if it has a pcv (positive crankcase ventalation) valve you need that, and the "double duel fuel pumps" prolly wont bring much power. your engine will only be able to consume so much fuel, any fuel that is not consumed will go back to your fuel tank via the return line. and id say a cai fromn ebay would be good enough, that guy went WAY over board on his intakes...pretty soon he will have a intake on his cup holder to cool his drink by 3.6%Image but i might be wrong, will some one else please give their opinion on this

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

bypassing the TB coolant lines won't add any more power... i did it on my car and got nothing at all.

dual fuel pump won't do you anything 'cause you are running at a sepacific fuel pressure... as daewoomofo said; all the extra fuel will return to your tank.

ram air will be a good mod. but i personally like cold air intake as you get the benifet of the cold air rather than sucking hot air from the engine bay.

UD pully will gain you power as it has less rotating mass... we got a lightned pully on the 2.0 nubira and it did make a difference, not a huge difference but certainly noticable.

for other mod. suggestions, i say go with 8.0mm spark plug wires and better spark plugs.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
chronoti
Junior

Post by chronoti »

i test did that with dryer hose to my stock box, nothing noticeable at all. actauly the hose tore it self apart in a few months and i didnt even notice, i got better results just picking up air from my fender. all i have to say about tb coolent is it took longer before i started um loosing that cold everything power. then it went back to the same crap, dual pumps dont do anything more unless you up your injectors to like 800cc @ 75psi. if your worried about fuel to your engine you can just get an after market FPR and increase the pressue. and for the pcv, i dont have mine in right now because of my supercharge project (i have a camry) and egr is also gone (personal preferance on that). but taking those out kill fuel economy.
http://hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
-all you ever need to know about lighting
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Bump to get more ideas