check out this performance chip

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

frenchard101

check out this performance chip

Post by frenchard101 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25-HP-MO ... dZViewItem

i was looking through ebay and found that, it doesnt really say exactly what it is, but for like 8 bucks it might not be too bad.
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Code: Select all

What is it?

It's simple, yet effective & will allow you to boost the power output of your vehicle's engine without sacrificing reliability or comfort. Quite simply, this small resistor will be inserted between one of your car's sensor & engine control unit (ECU).

it's an age old trick, and we don't knwo if that's the right resistor or not, so it's better to stay away from that
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Does anyone know what the proper resister is? Any of you guys have one installed?

I would have to have a lot of questions answered about something like that before I would consider installing one.
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

Audacityracing wrote:

Code: Select all

What is it?

It's simple, yet effective & will allow you to boost the power output of your vehicle's engine without sacrificing reliability or comfort. Quite simply, this small resistor will be inserted between one of your car's sensor & engine control unit (ECU).

it's an age old trick, and we don't knwo if that's the right resistor or not, so it's better to stay away from that
+1 ;)
T18SED Engine.

frenchard101

Post by frenchard101 »

hmm, i see. yeah i wouldnt feel too comfortable cutting wires and messing with the ecu. Are there performance chips out there for 1.6 dohc?
frenchard101

Post by frenchard101 »

ok well i think i found out a little more detail, theres another item just like this one with more detail:

"The device modifies voltage signals, as if the exhaust gas would be fuel-poor. ECU let more fuel to the injectors while the mass of free air is the same. Thus we can influence the mixture adjustment gaining more power, enhancing the efficiency of combustion and saving fuel. This add-on simulator device delivers fuel-poor sign to the ECU, besides a limit value control is incorporated to avoid overflow and underflow.We improve the power slightly at the expense of emission."

So basically what i get out of this is that the ecu pumps more fuel into the mixture, but im pretty sure that can be bad, too much fuel in the mixture can mess up the combustion chamber not to mention your gas mileage would be worse for sure. screw that
DArkstalker
Super

Post by DArkstalker »

STAY away from those they mess all kinds of stuff up
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

only chip that works that way and was proven to work was the chocochip from www.daewootech.net but i got no idea if chris is still making them or not.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
PoTsUrFrIeNd

Post by PoTsUrFrIeNd »

I have a 1.6L and purchased a chip online from ebay......Before I put my exhaust on I noticed alot of gain.....but after I do not notice anything whether it is in or not....Also, with the chip in, After I would be going fast (aboce 5000 rpm's) and push the clutch in letting the car go back to idle, the car would die immediately...it doesn't do that after I took it out.

The main thing I noticed was the large gain in torque, but do not plan on using that chip if you live in or near cold weather because it is designed to trick your computer into thinking it is getting much colder air that it is so it will advance the timing giving you the same results as if you had a cold air intake. so if you are actually sucking in colder air than your engine thinks it is getting, you can really fook things up, your engine will run....well.....the only word I can use to describe it is "fake" I dunno, it just does not feel right and good at all

Bottom line is I would reccommend getting an intake and exhaust and do it right before cheating your computer!

Good luck
woodang

Post by woodang »

daewootech.net is still making them and they work great i have a choco and i wouldn't give it up. i before i got the choco i had moved my ait sensor into the wheel well where the resnoator used to sit to keep it cooler. but daewootech.net has got it figured out. oh by the way there store link is under renovation so its a little difficult to see what they have to offer.
01 Lanos
Looking to make something out of my lanos
Looking for links for bolt on products for my woo any help?
-the garage
1991 honda accord ex sedan stock
1998 Lincoln Mark VIII Completely stock with 27xxx
1991 Yamaha xj600s 600cc
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

you can always send your requests to chris@daewootech.net

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267