tips for a leganza

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

darkw00

tips for a leganza

Post by darkw00 »

Hi all I'm new here, I'm from Puerto Rico and I'm a happy Leganza owner I was wondering if anyone here know any tricks or tips to give my car better performance, I'm low on budget.

I was also wondering which sparkplugs would be better for my car I was thinking about getting the NGK ones but if u guys have better suggestions please tell me.

Thanks in advance 8)
show it
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Hi DarkwOO, I'm also from P.R.,I never see here some one w\ a leganza interested in tunning.

About the spark plug, the NGK will work perfect, the stock plugs are 2 sparks, if you want a little more power use the 4 sparks.

From where in PR are you? Go to PR muffler in Carolina and make a custom CAI or a SRI. I'm shure you will feal some increace in power.

Then try to put a Hi flow exhaus (muffler), a hi flow cat and a custom header (you can make it in the same place). The stock pipe in your Leganza is 2" you can leave it with that size.

And that is a good start no more than $400.00 enjoy

If you really want to go fast, to increace the stability I recoment to drop the car 1" or 1.7".

by the way go to the daewoorevo web page and check other car from here. :twisted:
ImageImage
darkw00

Post by darkw00 »

hey mocpac_ser thanks for the reply I'm from Caguas, I was also thinking on going for the headers and I think I will get the eibach springs, do u know any daewoo club here in P.R.? I really wanna see other woo's to get some ideas, I have a Blitz air filter and it works perfectly and I'm planning to make a custom Iceman, Do you think the fender is a good place to put the filter after all there is where the OEM intake gets its air from.

I also wanna try some exterior mods like mesh grill & paint it but I'm not good with that kind of things do you know anyone that would do it for me?

Thanks in advance
show it
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Well yes, we have a club here. Is in Bayamon the reunion are fridays at 7:00 pm in the #2 in front of Automeca. I can give you the cell phone of the president if ou want to go. Most of the cars are lanos hb and 2 nubira (one is mine).

About the iceman, yes put it in there. The rule to make mods is not be afraid to do it :twisted:

check some of the cars at http://www.powow.com/daewoorevo :arrow:
Last edited by mocpac on Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Maximus
Expert

Post by Maximus »

As to spark plugs I recomend Denso Iridium - very good stuff
Image Image
darkw00

Post by darkw00 »

I finally got my spark plus NGK for $4 each I dont know if thats a good price but uhm what the hell hehe so I'll be playing with this babys tonight :P
show it
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Ok let me know.
ImageImage
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Hey man did you already put the spark plugs?
ImageImage
darkw00

Post by darkw00 »

I got my sparkplugs in (finally) after having to fix an oil leak (la junta de la tapa del motor estaba rota) I also got my iceman done for only $8 8)

Next project: Hi flow exhaust

I'll post some pics of my car soon
show it
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I hae to chage it to, I also have a leak. What do you think? Any diference w\ the 4 sparks plugs?
ImageImage
darkw00

Post by darkw00 »

there's defenetly a difference in performance not in speed, I couldnt find the ones with 4 sparks, btw how can I put my filter where the oem filter was? I couldnt find a way to put it there so right now its just over the hole If anyone know please let me know, I will be also lowering my car I heard that eibach does a kit for the leganza anyone know if its any good?
show it
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

More performance no more speed :? Hmmm
ImageImage