A few questions regarding C20LET

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

cpd
Super

A few questions regarding C20LET

Post by cpd »

More than ever because of my new job, I'm looking at getting a C20LET and an F28, dumping them in my beat-up 1.5i, and kicking some ass.

Gah, the woo's even missing a hubcap, and has rust convertor all over the bonnet. Oh well.

Back on topic: The car is currently only 902kg tare. How much extra would going from the 1.5 to a C20LET add? I'm assuming max. another 50kg or so, and consequently, around what 0-100kmh speeds would you expect? Current power is 58kw I believe. Will my frame fall to pieces under this power?

58 --> 150... Damn.

How do you work out top speed? I'm still yet to be told how that works.

One last Q! How many psi does the C20LET have stock? I don't plan to do anything to it, but I just wanna know.

Thanks!
Big Eye Pictures - Best art evar!
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

Around 6s do 60mph, if you get goooood tires... That engine will smoke tires in first 3 gears...
But you can get to 13s in 1/4 of a mile...

It's imposible to transfer that kind of power to FWD without LSD...
mr_g, Crazy scientist
SMS Commander Car Alarm System
LaNOS Sport 2.0 16V 136WHP, c20xe inside
http://www.daewoo-hr.com
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i thought the c20let was n/a? isnt there a turbo motor called the c20get? dont quote me on it but i thought the turbo was the c20get (or am i going crazy?) are either of these motors easly availabale in the usa?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

AFAIK the C20LET is a factory turboed 2.0 engine.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

Plan so far: Rip apart a Turbo Calibra and steal the engine and gearbox and have it all converted to FWD. Then get disc brakes for the rear...
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

cpd wrote:Plan so far: Rip apart a Turbo Calibra and steal the engine and gearbox and have it all converted to FWD. Then get disc brakes for the rear...
YEP. That is doable. All you need is engine mounts from kaddet E GSI 16V, or astra mk2. It fits lanos bolt on!

c20let is 2.0 16V DOHC with turbo. It's the same engine as c20xe, but with lower compression...

c20get is 2.0 8V SOHC with turbo. It's the same engine as c20ne or c20se...
mr_g, Crazy scientist
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

mister g, he has a Racer, so its already a Kaddet E :)

the C20LET has different cam profiles than the XE, basicly appart from the engine management, turbo and low compresion pistons they're the same.

you can fit the Calibra turbo wheels and brakes on the Kaddet E/Lanos/Racer

they're 5 holes and 16", you will only need a good suspension to complete the package. koni/bilstein shocks with apex/eibach springs should be nice.

Efrain.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

Slowly but surely I'm starting to drool.

MUHAHAHA!

So I'll need engine, gearbox converted, new rear axle with brakes, new shocks, and some nice rims. I'll go with those MX-5 ones I wanted.

Ouch. That's not gonna be cheap. :(
ubuyau
Expert

Post by ubuyau »

Have you thought about the Z20LET from the late model Astra Turbo? I was talking with a TeamLanos member about it yesterday. The C20LET is getting on a bit in age now and the gearbox costs mega $$$$ to fix if it fails. Most of the ones ive seen in wreckers have had gearboxes that had failed.

Dont know the availability or cost of the Z engine since its a late model, but it has a 5SPD FWD gearbox (F23) instead of the 6spd 4wd F28 from the C20LET, so it might be a bit friendlier.

I know it would limit the top speed, but could you mount it to the stock gearbox from the 1.5 (is it a F16?) ?

--Tim
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

the Z20LET is not cheaper than the C20LET

usually the Calibra breaks the transfer box
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

Don't know what the gearbox in the 1.5i is, but I kinda wanted a 6-speed, I'll hit 120km/h and want to change into 6th; sometimes I half do it, like start moving the stick down, then remember I don't have one.

I don't know if the Z20LET would fit straight into my enginebay; I know the C20 does though thanks to the engine mounts being lovely.

The stock gearbox probably can't handle the POWARRRR.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

you got the wide ratio F16, wich is what i had, before it broke in hands of my XE, i ve a close ratio F16 now.
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

Efrain A. wrote:mister g, he has a Racer, so its already a Kaddet E :)
Yes. But he is useing c20let from calibra which has diferent engine mounts like on vectra's mk1. So, all he needs are engine and gearboxs mounts for kadet e for 2.0 engines, and thats all... ;)

Use c20let. All parts are cheeper than in new engine z20let, and z20let iz based on ecotec engines, witch is bad and whats to crack...

You could use even f16 gearbox. Gearbox is not a problem to change later... If you break anithing in gearbox, go buy another gearbox on junk jard for about 100$... :D
mr_g, Crazy scientist
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

when was the last year the sunbird had the c20let engine in it was it 91 or 92?
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

delphis wrote:when was the last year the sunbird had the c20let engine in it was it 91 or 92?
'94 or '95. Even in '96 was that engines in calibras... astra g turbo have z20let. They use same engine block, but the head is little different, because z20 is ecotec engine. Also z20let have 2 lambda sondas and higher eco standards, and less power...

c20let can go up to 450hp on crank...
mr_g, Crazy scientist