Underdrive pulley's

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

azazel19
Junior

Underdrive pulley's

Post by azazel19 »

has anybody been able to find an underdrive pulley for any of the woo's? i know that unorthodox racing does alot of import cars honda etc, but nothing for the woo. emailed them and they don't have any plans to develop a set. but there may be one source that could be beneficial if we all swamp them down with emails and calls.

i got a crankshaft underdrive pulley for my 99 chrysler 300M our club along with the intrepid club i supposed talked them into making a pulley for LH cars which aren't popular with the aftermarket manufacturers we have to pretty much make all of our mods, as with my 00 lanos hatchback. the underdrive pulley i got was 125 us dollars and knocked off 6 lbs and was a 25% reduction. maybe 10 or 12 hp not that bad in my book.

here's the link they didn't even have the 300M listed i had to call but this could be a mod they will be interested in since there are so many woo's around and we all want it to be able to smoke the honda guys who have unlimited aftermarket resourses.

http://www.aspracing.com/frame.htm
"mess with the best die like the rest"
azazel19
Junior

Underdrive pulley's

Post by azazel19 »

well i emailed asp and i'm waiting for a reply who knows how long it will take but i don't think it will take as long as shark racing lol. here are the email links.

E-mail: customerservice@aspracing.com
E-mail: Orders@aspracing.com
E-mail: Tech@aspracing.com
azazel19
Junior

they are interested

Post by azazel19 »

asp contaced me today with the reply they are interested but they need a crank pulley to do a mock up. come on people post some replies they won't do it unless there is enough repsonse to this.
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

My woo is sleeping for the winter....if they need the parts and I can have a good deal to let them build it using mine I'm go.

Mat 8)
azazel19
Junior

Underdrive pulley's

Post by azazel19 »

what make and model and engine size is your woo. i have an 00 lanos hatchback 1.6L i can't do without my pulley i was going to the junkyard and get one they have a 1.6L engine. let me know what you think. they seem interested. the place is located in texas i think.
Goldenboy
Super

Post by Goldenboy »

I have a 1.5 tho......but let me know if it's still good.

Mat 8)
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I have a 2000 1.6L Lanos hatchback parts car that has the pulley. It is sitting in the back hatch with most of the engine. I could remove it & ship it to them.

I'd like to get one of their finished pulleys when they were done, too.

Cliff
azazel19
Junior

Underdrive pulley's

Post by azazel19 »

email em and see what all you have to do to ship it. i think they are in texas. my original plan was to have one for every engine size mocked up but i guess we'll see doesn't seem to be a whole lot of response to this. it won't be that expensive i paid 120 dollars for the one for my 300M. if you don't want to ship it to them send it to me and i'll take care of it either way it'll get to them. is the pulley the same for all the model years of the 1.6? anyway there are the email addresses you need i got a response in a day so they are interested and should be in touch in 24hours or less.

E-mail: customerservice@aspracing.com
E-mail: Orders@aspracing.com
E-mail: Tech@aspracing.com
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Yes, the pulley is the same for all the 1.6L Lanos year models, and it should be the same for the new Chevy Aveo coming out that has the same 1.6L with all the same HP & torque specs.

A new car coming out with the same engine will mean more aftermarket parts availability for our cars. :)

Asp Racing should be informed that it is the same engine, so the underdrive pulley will fit the Aveo if anyone asks about what will fit their car.

I'll email them later about shipping out my pulley to them, but I have to get going to class right now.

Cliff
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

There are difference in the Aveo and the Lanos engine. For one the Aveo is designated as an Etec II engine. I'm not sure if they're using the same A16 block or not. I guess the only way to find out if the underdrive pully is the same is to compare the two side by side.

Also, after changing my timing belt this past weekend, I can say that our underdrive pully is HEAVY. It must weight a good 15-20lbs.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The power and torque for the two engines are the same and the Aveo engine looked identical to the Lanos A16DMS when I looked at it in the car show.

The II might be a reference to the fact that they are both "Generation II" engines.

Who knows....I guess we will have to wait and see.... they must be coming out pretty soon....or are they out allready??
azazel19
Junior

Underdrive pulley's

Post by azazel19 »

the weight reduction should be around half the weight of the original of not more. the piece will be billet aluminum and underdrived 25% or more which is a great reduction and since one pulley is only changed electrical problems won't be a problem neither will ac.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

intresting... i do have a 1.6 16v ready for a rebuild... im looking in the uk for Opel/vauxhall parts... expecially that pulley, im gonna look for the pulley and cleaned up...

who already talked to them? :?:
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
azazel19
Junior

Underdrive pulley's

Post by azazel19 »

i have been contacted by them through email. they are interested they need a pulley to do a prototype of to see if it's possible if there would be any problems etc. if all goes well then they will make more than one if goes very well meaning if enough people want it, then it will be easier to obtain. they will need pulley for every engine size if that many people want it. i can't believe no more people have posted a resposne than has because this will be a cheaper bolt on with higher hp gains than the weapon r intake. come on now people lets hear some more input, do some research there isn't many companies that will custom fab blot on parts that are reasonably priced, this is.
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

Ok... since im not on the US i can send you MY 1.6 pulley but the rest it will be up to you...

if u agree PM me with info were to send it...

mocpac: please contact the guys on PR and tell them about this
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph