Super

Forged internals for the leganza.

Post by DArkstalker »

Were can I get forged internals from.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

refer to tom... http://www.360dynamics.ca

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The big question is how much is your budget and what level of horsepower are you shooting for.

If your looking for something less than 200hp you should be able to use stock internals.

If your looking for something between 200hp and 250hp you should be able to use some stock parts with a few used Opel parts (low comp forged pistons from a C20LET ) , some ARP bolts/studs and an MLS Gasket.

If your looking for something between 250hp and 300hp you will need the rods (polished, debured and shotpeened) and pistons from a C20LET with ARP hardware, MLS Gasket.

If you looking for 300hp to 450hp then you will probably want to look at aftermarket forged crank, forged pistons, forged rods.... and you might need to stiffen up the block ( custom crank girdle).
Most of the forged cranks out there are for the 2.0L so you would need to destroke your engine and go with a custom rod length.

Over 450hp requires a pile of money and work.... I won't even start describing the kind of work I'm going to get into.

I'm looking for 600hp+ out of my Leganza and I'm using a budget of $15,000 to start with.... and this will be a "drag race only" engine since it's going to need race gas at all times and a good portion of the water jacket will be filled with a concrete like substance.

I might even go alchohol and shoot for higher numbers.... I guess we will see.... right now the transmission is the big problem.... I might have to go with the same tranny they use on the ECOTEC drag cars.... which could easily push me over my budget by a significant margin.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
SuzukiRacer

Forged internals and engine components

Post by SuzukiRacer »

At Importperformanceparts.net There is all sorts of engine parts, like rings, pistons, rods etc. They even custom make parts, if they dont have it in stock already. Im pretty sure they do valves, rods, camshafts, pistons, crankshafts, and even full heads and blocks! Of course id rather purchase from 360Dynamics if they can pinpoint the particular sizes needed and sell them