performance questions

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

zerosilence
Super

performance questions

Post by zerosilence »

Hey my name is josh and i hasve a 00 lanos. And my car gets doged on by everybody @ the strip cause it does 19 but it runs that slow because of tranie problems which are going to be fixed. Now my question is where can i find performance parts? I have 2 1/4 in. exhaust installed already, now where can i get an intake and header to start with without doing any customizing? And if i get an intake what would i do with the sensors? thank you. josh
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

the intake is very easy just go to like autozone and buy the short ram intake and cut off about 3 or 4 inches and drill a hole for the AIT sensor. nothing too hard. there was a cold air intake off of i think an acura legen or something like that acingteam is the one that found out about that. as for headers no one in the states makes them for the 1.6l for now at least.

nick
heres a pic of my SRI

save a tree, eat a beaver.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Hey Josh,

Here's the pic of my CAI, and you can find all the information on how to make one here (really easy):
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 56&start=0

Also, you might want to get a Chocolate Chip from Daewootech.net. It's only 10 bucks but it makes a huge difference.

Igor
zerosilence
Super

cho chip ?

Post by zerosilence »

ive heard of them are they also sold on ebay. there not a real performance chip? Does the "turbonator" actually work? Do you know where I can find a header and who can get one? thanks for the intake idea what can i use for a heat shield?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

the turbonator is a piece of shit. and weapon-r does make intakes for lanoses but it would be cheaper to get one for the civic.(but only the short ram one not the cold air) as for headers a good exaust shop might be able to make one for you but that can be a little expensive and probably not that great of quality. as for the heat sheild you can just take a piece of aluminum sheeting and bolt it on somewhere. i've seen a couple of pics of peoples cars with it. i just bought a cone filter with the "heat shield" but i doubt it works. i just bought it as a water shield really.

nick

zerosilence
Super

Post by zerosilence »

have u seen my car on cardomain? so how does the chocolate chip work? will it mess up my engine? also my 1/4 times are 19.3 i know thats way off of stock woo's. which realy sucks :( . but my car is still under warantee. u think i should have diagnostics done and have them replace the trannie? what about turboing my car so i can avoid the header issue. how would i go about that?
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

your best bet dude would be to look under 360dynamics part of this forum and look at everything you can possibly do and look thru the forum a little more as well. and no i haven't seen your cardomain site at least not that i know of.

nick

zerosilence
Super

Post by zerosilence »

hey thanks for your help
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

go to www.daewootech.net and buy the chip. It is specifically designed for a Lanos (not leganza or nubira, or any other cars). So it will not mess up your engine. Your car will definately be faster.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

zerosilence wrote:so how does the chocolate chip work? will it mess up my engine?
the choco chip is simply a risistor that fools arround with the signal going to the ECU and makes it think the air your engine sucks is too cold and accordingly this will induce the ECU to dump more fuel into the chambers and it will make your car go faster... you can kiss you fuel economy good bye if you did buy one of thease.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

you won't be able to buy one for a while as daewootech.net is having a yard sale to get rid of everything. email the webmaster and see what you can get :D

i know there are some rear strut bars and chocochips as well as shift inprovers (for the auto)
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

mmamdouh wrote:
zerosilence wrote:so how does the chocolate chip work? will it mess up my engine?
you can kiss you fuel economy good bye if you did buy one of thease.

MMamdouh
Nope, I still have it on and shifting around 2-4k rpms gets me 36MPG. So as long as you drive nomally, you're MPG will NOT decrease. If you start shifting at 5-6k then say good bye to your gas mileage.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

who would buy a choco chip and then drive normally?? you bought it to make your car faster then you got to drive it faster or else it will be pointless to buy one.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

mmamdouh wrote:who would buy a choco chip and then drive normally?? you bought it to make your car faster then you got to drive it faster or else it will be pointless to buy one.

MMamdouh
Well, you have the power when you need it (say racing), and you can always drive normally if you're not in the mood of wasting gas. You have an option...

I bought it to go faster, and I do, I was just saying that it will not decrease MPG driving normally.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

the chip is only pointless if you're just going somewhere but if your racing then thats when it works.

nick