bitchy engine

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

yea17s

bitchy engine

Post by yea17s »

its very reluctant to go wen i give it a bit, very sputtery, makes the same sort of noise it does at cut off rpm, dirty injectors?
car is coming along ever so slowly, gotta stop getting my funds of the government
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

which engine??

Could also be sparkplugs, plug wires, ignition, plugged fuel filter, half dead fuel pump.... the list goes on but these are the most common.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Most likely sparkplugs and wires, how many miles do you have on the car and when was the last time you changed them?
yea17s

Post by yea17s »

180 thousand kilometers, ive never changed em had the car for just under a year, its a lanos. unless they change em wen the car gets serviced,
wats the best plugs and cables
car is coming along ever so slowly, gotta stop getting my funds of the government
nexia16v

Post by nexia16v »

Hi have a simular problem with my Nexia. When i pull away quick there is often a flat spot, it pulls away quick, then there's a flat spot where it drags a little then accelerates off quick again. This all happens quite quickly tho as it's in 1st gear. I'm not sure what it is, i've chaged the spark plugs and have failry new HT leads, i'm going to change my ignition wire soon and see if that helps.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

could be spark plugs, spark plug wires, coil pack, fuel filter, air filter, injectors, fuel pump, dirty throttle body, lose or punctured vacuum hoses or bad MAP sensor, TPS sensor or AIC controller ... realy the list is too big guys so hekp us narrow it down by giving feedback on all the above mentioned parts so we can judg better.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
cpd
Super

Post by cpd »

I had the same problem; was a spark lead.
Big Eye Pictures - Best art evar!
SoulReaver

Post by SoulReaver »

last time my engine started coughing and misfiring was when the gasket went and i got water in the cylinders.... check under your oil cap... if the oil looks milky, it means your head or gasket is gone.
yea17s

Post by yea17s »

nah not that, its not overheating
tango

Post by tango »

My friend, there is almost NO way we can help you if you are not going to help us to help you. You haven't even stated what kind engine you have. Even I who have been here since day one STILL give all that information when I seek help. Listing every possible cause of engine sputtering is just a waste of time.
Cogito ergo sum...
Max

Post by Max »

SoulReaver wrote:last time my engine started coughing and misfiring was when the gasket went and i got water in the cylinders.... check under your oil cap... if the oil looks milky, it means your head or gasket is gone.

I found some milky stuff in my oil lid too :( , but my car seems alright :D .

Does your oil in the sump look milky too ??? any other problem when you find leaking , eg. coolant colour or level ??etc
yea17s

Post by yea17s »

its a 1.5 im gonna get new leads and plugs on the weeekend to see if thats it, i recently overfilled the engine with oil, it appeared to stutter but that dissapeared after a few weeks
yea17s

Post by yea17s »

it tends to occur more with a new tank of fue and low rpm.
yea17s

Post by yea17s »

looks to be a spark lead, put new 1 in and its been fine today.
Max

what should it looks like if milky under oil cap ?

Post by Max »

SoulReaver wrote:last time my engine started coughing and misfiring was when the gasket went and i got water in the cylinders.... check under your oil cap... if the oil looks milky, it means your head or gasket is gone.

White or brown ?