Tapets Spacing for Nexia 1.5 DOHC

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

nexia16v

Tapets Spacing for Nexia 1.5 DOHC

Post by nexia16v »

Hi, i'm strying to find out the correct spacing (gap) for the tapets. Its for a Nexia 1.5i DOHC 16v

If anyone can help, that would be much appriciated.

Thanx in advanced
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

should be hydraulic, they self adjust.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

all daewoo engines that i came across had them hydraulic lifters so you don't need to adjust anything at all.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
nexia16v

Post by nexia16v »

Oh ok, didn't know that, thanx guys. I've only recently bought it and thought they needed adjusting because of a small ticking noise so i thought it might be a tapet slightly out.
tango

Post by tango »

Indeed we have hydraulic tappets. If hydraulic tappets start to make a clicking sound when the engine starts that could indicate they need replacing. Otherwise, check your oil pressure, it may be a bit low.
Cogito ergo sum...
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

For some reason all the Holden engines I've owned seem to make quite a bit of valve noise.... ( 2.0L 8V turbo, 2.0L 16V, 1.5L SOHC ).... my Optra sounds like a diesel if you are going up a slight hill at low speed and low RPM. ( usually as I enter my parking spot in 2nd gear and 1500RPM )

Sometimes I shift down into 1st as I enter my parking spot but the car can sometimes get a little "jumpy" since the throttle response is fairly quick.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

IF they seems noisy, before you jump into conlcusions and start replacing them, use a good engine flush with your next oil change. Sludge and carbon buildup in the lifter will prevent proper operation (ie, too much clearance), and thus nocking. Or, do one oil change with flush now, and another 3000KM down the road...see if things improve.

Tom

Post by tango »

I don't get any valve noise on my Cielo but I do get a fair amount of knock under load. It's supposed to be using 91 Octane but we've only got 90 here so we know the cause of that. That said all Family IIs are buzzy sounding engines. I actually dig that...
Cogito ergo sum...