picking an engine....

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

casey

picking an engine....

Post by casey »

i need help picking the right engine for me, it neesd to be rather easy to drop in. have mods readily available to buy and have a good amount of power. plz help me, i need more speed in my ride!!!
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: picking an engine....

Post by daewooluvr »

casey wrote:i need help picking the right engine for me, it neesd to be rather easy to drop in. have mods readily available to buy and have a good amount of power. plz help me, i need more speed in my ride!!!
Again.. what car... what kinda budget are we talking...
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
casey

Post by casey »

it's a 2001 daewoo lanos hb, and as for the budget, whatever is needed to do the job at hand, i apply all my time and money to this car. anywhere from 1-5 grand is what im really prepared to spend.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

a 2.0 and 2.2 swap was successfuly done on lanoses... engine mounts, wiring and ECU will be the major things to come in your way.

also you can turbo your current engine... check the "forced induction" section for more info.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
casey

Post by casey »

well i was wondering if this engine would work, its the NISSAN 2.0 L SR2ODET IN-LINE 4 CYLINDER. if this motor would fit, how much work am i looking at to have it put in? i need to know a rough estimate because money has become a rarity in my bank account for some reason.. thanx.