how much horspower is your lanos?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Freyr

how much horspower is your lanos?

Post by Freyr »

hello i?m checking how much howsepower?s your lanos is ? and what did you do to the engine to increase the hp?

i only have and K&N Air filter... and my car is giving me all the power it has :) and it is not slow

maby you can give me advise how i can increase my power?
| Daewoo | Honda | Toyota | VW |

00" Daewoo Lanos SX Hurricane E-TEC 16V
99" Honda Civic
02" VW Passat 1.6
95" Toyota Hilux SR5 2.4
91" Yamaha YZ250 (Sold)
98" Camaro Z-28 V8 5.7 LS-1 (Sold)
subachad

Post by subachad »

The best thing you can do is open up the intake. Either a whole intake or at least enlarge the hole going into the airbox. Stock it's only about 2" and you want it to be about 2.5-3"

Oh and check the mods part of my site for pictures of what I'm talking about.

Chad
www.uniquemotorsports.com/daewoo
Check out my site at www.uniquemotorsports.com
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I have installed:
-Chocolate Chip
-Blitz Intake kit
-Ractive cat-back exhaust
-Strut bar/ Cut Springs

Will have installed:
-Sharkracing Headers
-Lowering Springs (Eibach)
-Short Shifter

The car is still pretty slow comparing to my previous car, V6 Contour which had 170hp stock. I'm guessing I'll have around 150hp by the end of all my installations (will be done in a few months).

Click on my signature for more details...
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

150 HP is kinda... optimistic.

Unless you plan to run NOS or do some serious porting and polishing of the head.

Intake, headers, exhaust, and an intake chip might take you to the low side of 120 HP, but I have never heard of such modifications, even on
V-8s, give 45 horsepower. Your car will be very efficient, use very little gas, handle well, and be really loud. But 150 HP? I doubt it. Your car would then be a perfect candidate for NOS.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass (even though I do sound like one even when I read it myself :? ) but my friend has a 2002 Civic with a D17. 115HP stock + intake, headers, and exhaust gave him 131 HP. Only 16 HP.

But hey, I honestly hope I am wrong, I would really like to see dyno numbers when you are done and see just how much HP those mods give you, as I plan to do similar things when my engine craps out and I need a new one.

Damir.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

BosnianLanos wrote:150 HP is kinda... optimistic.

Unless you plan to run NOS or do some serious porting and polishing of the head.

Intake, headers, exhaust, and an intake chip might take you to the low side of 120 HP, but I have never heard of such modifications, even on
V-8s, give 45 horsepower. Your car will be very efficient, use very little gas, handle well, and be really loud. But 150 HP? I doubt it. Your car would then be a perfect candidate for NOS.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass (even though I do sound like one even when I read it myself :? ) but my friend has a 2002 Civic with a D17. 115HP stock + intake, headers, and exhaust gave him 131 HP. Only 16 HP.

But hey, I honestly hope I am wrong, I would really like to see dyno numbers when you are done and see just how much HP those mods give you, as I plan to do similar things when my engine craps out and I need a new one.

Damir.
No, you do not sound like an ass. I probably did over exaggerate my hp estimate...

I just figured that Exhaust, No Resinator, No 1st Cat, Headers, Intake, Racing Chip would add up around 45 hourses. Ground wires + Spark plug wires add up to stability :)

You're most likely right though, but low 120's sounds pretty weak :cry:
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

My guess in in between both yours.. im guessing in the 130s lower 130s.. but your car is definitly more efficient.

Wait, does a exhuast system, intake.. and all that increase MPG?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

kinkyllama wrote:My guess in in between both yours.. im guessing in the 130s lower 130s.. but your car is definitly more efficient.

Wait, does a exhuast system, intake.. and all that increase MPG?
They do increase MPG, but only if you don't floor it. Even a racing chip increases MPG, only if you shift at 3k or below...
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

BosnianLanos wrote: I'm not trying to sound like an ass (even though I do sound like one even when I read it myself :? ) but my friend has a 2002 Civic with a D17. 115HP stock + intake, headers, and exhaust gave him 131 HP. Only 16 HP.

Damir.
Also, our Daewoo's exhaust systems + intake systems are way more restricted than Civic's.... so the power difference might be over 16hp (that he got).
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

My exhaust system wasnt bad.. but my intake is just sad... my poor poor car.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
subachad

Post by subachad »

from testing I can say the exhaust is actually pretty good. There's not much power in changing it out. The intake on the other hand dropped a second off my 0-60 time.

Chad
Check out my site at www.uniquemotorsports.com
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

removing the resonator on my leganza took a second off 0-100. Now i have a filter on it but im not sure if its any faster.
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i got a 1.5 8 valve SOHC Lanos... as stock it should have 86 HP :?

i just removed the resonator and it made the car a bit faster.

i am planning to get a CAI, remove the CAT, get BOSCH super 4 spark plugs... maybe some 15" rims and 195/50/15 tires... shortage of cash is holding me back.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I plan to do most of the things that AcingTeam is doing, but I have a really high mileage engine and don't really feel like investing in a new one anytime soon, or fixing up my dieing one. I'm going to wait for my car to die...then I'm going to cry for the next few weeks:( ... and then I'm probablly going to get another Lanos and transplant all of the things I have on this one into the new one. I'm hooked on these damn cars. LoL. Then I'm going to run NOS (hopefully) and get to 150-160 HP with NOS, and maybe 120-130 HP with engine alone.

For now, it is just a waiting game to see how my engine will fare.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

BosnianLanos wrote:I plan to do most of the things that AcingTeam is doing, but I have a really high mileage engine and don't really feel like investing in a new one anytime soon, or fixing up my dieing one. I'm going to wait for my car to die...then I'm going to cry for the next few weeks:( ... and then I'm probablly going to get another Lanos and transplant all of the things I have on this one into the new one. I'm hooked on these damn cars. LoL. Then I'm going to run NOS (hopefully) and get to 150-160 HP with NOS, and maybe 120-130 HP with engine alone.

For now, it is just a waiting game to see how my engine will fare.
How many miles do you have on it?
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Muahahahaahha :twisted: .

The car still has strong compression and pulls like a son-of-a-bitch to the point where I can still race it. I can easily go up to a 100 MPH and more if I wanted to. I just don't feel safe doing it.

If anybody says that Daewoos have bad transmissions or engines... hit them.