Is it possible to modify civic parts for a lanos

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewooboy06

Is it possible to modify civic parts for a lanos

Post by daewooboy06 »

im looking at an intake and i need to chop about 3 inches off for it to fit on my 01 lanos, are any other parts able to fit the lanos.
**HONDA KILLERS R' US**
DO DA WOO!!!!!!!
***I EAT HONDAS FOR BREAKFAST***
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Ok, there are many intakes who fit the lanos. First Chk on ebay. Go to ebay motor and make a search w\ "daewoo" you will see it. I buy it for my nubira 1, is like $69.99

And about othe parts, can use civic spoilers, accent strunt bar, sunbird header (I'm like 90% sure), or go to a mufler shop and ask some one there to make it for you. Here is like $160.00 installed. You cand find other parts specific for lanos. Just chk.
ImageImage
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Yesterday some friend of the club show his new cutom intake just for $19.00. :shock:
ImageImage
Bringrice

Post by Bringrice »

mocpac_ser wrote:
accent strunt bar, sunbird header
Where did you hear about Sunbird headers fitting the lanos?
When hitting it from behind, I prefer to tap it "Daewoo Style"
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

I read some info in other forum, both engines are Opel. Have to make some more research about it.
ImageImage
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Bringrice wrote:
Where did you hear about Sunbird headers fitting the lanos?
Possible fit is on the 2.0L Nubria.... not the lanos. (and I say possible very loosly since nobody with a Nubria has checked yet)

The 2.0L Turbo Sunbird "M" engine better known as an "LT3" is nearly identical to the Nubria except that the Nubria has a 16V head and the Sunbird is an 8V and has a turbo so they most liketly are not direct swaps.

The 2.0L Turbo Sunbird engine is a direct swap for the 1.5L or 1.6L Lanos engine ( :shock: 165hp stock !!! :lol: 175lbft of torque !!!! :lol: ) as it fits both the stock tranny and motor mounts.

I am however told that the Nubria 5spd tranny is a must since the lanos 5spd tranny is not strong enough to handle the extra power.

I know a guy ( GsiTurbo ) who put one in his Optima (basicly an older Lanos) and is running something like 183WHP (don't quote me on that one)

I'd like to see 200WHP for starters.... looking for a donor car to pull the engine/wiring harness out of.... nearly had one for $1,150 but it turns out it was the 1.8 Turbo since it was a 1986 sunbird.... the 2.0L turbo was around from 1987 to 1990.

I'd like to do a 16V conversion to replace the 8V head but that will require a little fooling around on my part to get things working good. (take the 16V head off a nubria and drop it on the sunbird engine)

I'm presently working on a water to air intercooler built into a custom carbon fiber hood for my lanos with plans to use it for my 2.0L turbo swap.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

As you said, no one ever have try this. So.. give me time, the turbo will be the las thing I will try in my car, because is too spensive. I don't really have to use the sunbird turbo manifold or the header, because here I can go to a muffler shop or to a Turbo shop and pay for one. But that is $$$ I do't have right now. Is a good project if any one have the $$$ to do it.

And about if it work or not, one of my co-workers have a rx7 turbo, he make the turbo(it was just a normal RX7), he brake the engine 3 times before he gets to the problem and put that baby to run right. The full projec was made in 1 year. So as you see this will thake time and $$$, before every thing work as it supose. :twisted:

And about mod's I meet a friend from Ecuador he have a Daewoo espero, and he told me he make many mod's to that car, and the car was fast as any honda or Mitsubishi. Soon some friend from daewootech.com and me will tell you a new mod for lanos ... 16's on the ? in a lanos will be soon done w\o NX :twisted:

And about your parts, a friend of my and me will star to make some parts for the lanos, nubira and leganza. So every interested just let me know, I will make a new post for this.
Last edited by mocpac on Sun Jul 27, 2003 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Erfinder wrote:
Bringrice wrote:
The 2.0L Turbo Sunbird engine is a direct swap for the 1.5L or 1.6L Lanos engine ( :shock: 165hp stock !!! :lol: 175lbft of torque !!!! :lol: ) as it fits both the stock tranny and motor mounts.
Where did you hear this? Do you have any proof to back it up?

Sounds very interesting.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Man do some research and you will find out. 8)
ImageImage
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I've done plenty of research and never uncovered anything like this... anyone have any links.

mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Probably maniac16v can help w\ this. 8) He know more of about the spects of ouw engines.
ImageImage
gti_7

Post by gti_7 »

This is true :D pop open a hood on a OHC or Turbo 2.0 Sunbird.. take a look at the motor mounts.. very interesting stuff indeed! and to make things interesting.. thats 165hp/175ft-lbs of non intercooled boost at 9psi.. just think.. 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust. 12-14psi and an efficient Bar and Plate intercooler.. very nice power indeed. well beyond 200whp i can imagine :twisted:
I'd like to do a 16V conversion to replace the 8V head but that will require a little fooling around on my part to get things working good. (take the 16V head off a nubria and drop it on the sunbird engine)
Hmm.. to make things simpler.. would one be able to fit the pistons of the "LT3" in the AD16DMS or C20XE Block? save a lot of time/effort! :wink:

Bernard
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

The only downside is our drivetrain is weak (can't hold more than 200lb of torque)

gti_7

Post by gti_7 »

daewooluvr wrote:The only downside is our drivetrain is weak (can't hold more than 200lb of torque)
:?: even the 2.0/2.2 family? anyone remeber what the specs for the Rimmer Nubira was? i remember 204hp, but not the torque.. im sure the block on either daewoo motor would be good enough to handle a tad more than 200ft-lbs.. but still.. 200ft-lbs.. is quite decent for a sub 2500lbs car :wink:

Bernard
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

Remember put a turbo in any car is not lika make a car w\ lego. You have to make some mods in the engine or you can said bye bye woo.... 8)

nubira

2.0L DOHC 16-valve D-TEC I-4 engine 129 hp @ 5400 rpm & 136 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4400 rpm

lanos
1.6L DOHC 16-valve E-TEC I-4 engine
106 lb.-ft. of torque @ 3400 rpm
ImageImage