Some Advice on Removing Your Heater...

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Some Advice on Removing Your Heater...

Post by BosnianLanos »

Quite simply, I'd rather have a root canal!!! :o

That was the most painful, pain-in-the-ass, annoying, violent thing I have ever attempted to do in my Lanos.

And to top it all off, I DIDN'T EVEN MANAGE TO DO IT!!

I seem to have gotten all of the screws, but the damn dashboard simply won't come off, the bastard.

I think that the airbag is holding it in, but it is physically impossible to remove the little "SRS Airbag" cover.

And I got stung by a bee!

So, if any kind soul would take pity on me and my partially disassembled Lanos, it would be greatly appreciated if someone with a N. American Lanos Service Manual would scan the "Removing Dash and Heater" page and Email or PM me.

Please help guys, I'm kind of in a pickle, I need the car, but I'm too far into it to start to reassemble it.

Grateful (hopefully),

Damir....BosnianLanos
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Is there no one left!!!

LoL.

Then does anyone know how much a service manual costs?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

That really sucks. Sounds like you had a bad day.

Sorry i cant help you
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

People say a service manual costs around $120

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Yeah, The 'Woo is back together and looking tight as always, runs and looks great and all. Heater is still in there the wily bastard, but not for long. $120 isn't too high, considering asking a mechanic for a tranny and radiator flush is about that much...

Thanks guys.
Qtgrl8369

Post by Qtgrl8369 »

there are usually service manuals and parts on Ebay.com. I would try looking there. most people only sell the parts or manuals starting at $5! Good Luck! Im in a rut with my stupid heat too!! hehe Im going to attempt unassembling it and fixing the problem. Men in my life are worthless. :) imma do it myself!
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Qtgrl8369 wrote:there are usually service manuals and parts on Ebay.com. I would try looking there. most people only sell the parts or manuals starting at $5! Good Luck! Im in a rut with my stupid heat too!! hehe Im going to attempt unassembling it and fixing the problem. Men in my life are worthless. :) imma do it myself!
Those $5 ones are a joke. There is a seller on ebay that has the REAL service manuals for $65.
As for your heat problem, I discussed this in the thread you started. This problem happened to a LOT of Daewoo Lanos's. It's just a bad cable.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

daewooluvr wrote:
Qtgrl8369 wrote:there are usually service manuals and parts on Ebay.com. I would try looking there. most people only sell the parts or manuals starting at $5! Good Luck! Im in a rut with my stupid heat too!! hehe Im going to attempt unassembling it and fixing the problem. Men in my life are worthless. :) imma do it myself!
Those $5 ones are a joke. There is a seller on ebay that has the REAL service manuals for $65.
you know what Shaun... i contacted the man who bought the service manual and it turned out that he doesn't even own a daewoo.

he just bought the manual and sold it in double the price to a daewoo owner. i tried to contact that dude (the one who bought it from ebay) and he told me he already made his profit and will give me an account on his FTP to get the manual FOR FREE

anyways since then he doesn't reply on the MSN at all and i couldn't get tit from him... this makes me crazy! :evil:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

My heater problem is an actual heater problem... My heater core cracked and I had to do a bypass as I was leaking antifreeze up the ying- yang.

The theory behind me removing my heater is that it doesn't work!, I would have to take it out to fix it anyway, but since Florida is hot as Hades, I have no need for a heater. I might as well take it out, get it fixed and sell the damned thing for money towards the 'Woo or my new project... yes, a lowly Civic. Also, 20 lbs or more down in the front don't hurt one bit.

I started this thread because I dont know what friggin' screws are holding the dash in. I have all of the screws on the drivers side, but the passengers side is hell, they are all facing toward the firewall but there is no clearance to get to them, I thought the screws were under the "SRS Airbag" cap, but popping that off only got me an "Air Bag" light. I was seeking help from anyone who has taken their dash off to tell me where the screws are hiding, but I guess, since no one said anything, there is a Lanos Service Manual in my near future.
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

you may find (i dont know) the dash could be glued in places. The dash in one of my brothers old cars was partially glued, so the thing could be removed but not put back with ease. Get the manual so you can be safe and sure about these things,
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."