looking for muffler

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

crazy06guy

looking for muffler

Post by crazy06guy »

I am looking for a good preformance muffler for my 2000 daewoo leganza cdx, i wont one that doesnt sound like a loud high piched bumble bee but i do wont it to sound good but not too loud but loud enough you can here it help plz!
-Brett-
damian007vk
Super

Post by damian007vk »

magnaflow, greddy, hks, skunk 2, ac autotechnic, and remus will all give you what you are looking for.....the bigger the canister, the more muffled sound you get=less tin can.
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

I bought this one and I love the deep throaty sound I get

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33636
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Slammed wrote:I bought this one and I love the deep throaty sound I get

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33636
I had that one on my Contour, I loved it... sounded great. Only I paid $100 bucks for it :( It was worth it though
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Don't be cheap. Buy a magnaflow. The look nice, sound great and have a million mile warrenty. I have one one my 2001 Leganza CDX if you want to see a pic in the gallery.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

asam wrote:Don't be cheap. Buy a magnaflow. The look nice, sound great and have a million mile warrenty. I have one one my 2001 Leganza CDX if you want to see a pic in the gallery.

Only 1 million???
Sheesh .. they're really skimping out on their service. :roll:

LOL
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

asam wrote:Don't be cheap. Buy a magnaflow. The look nice, sound great and have a million mile warrenty. I have one one my 2001 Leganza CDX if you want to see a pic in the gallery.
Which model?
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

I bought a real Tanabe Medallion muffler (not a style one from eBay)... that's why it wasn't cheap.
Magnaflow, on the other hand, looks like a stock muffler with a tip (some models, like yours). People settle for these with trucks, and high output vehicles (V6s, V8s). Not 4 bangers.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Don't buy a cheap tin can. They claim to be good but go with some one who backs their product. They just did an article in HCI about mufflers and what to look for. They recommended Borla (lifetime warrenty) and Magnaflow (Million Mile warrenty). Also a leganza is a 2.2L and not a small 1.6 or 1.8. That will come into play some sound wise. If you want to sound like an old air plane go with some imported exhaust, but magnaflow nad borla sound the best.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

I concur. Borla XR1 sounds awesome on my 1.6. Can't wait to hear it with the 2.0 ;)
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

asam wrote:Don't buy a cheap tin can. They claim to be good but go with some one who backs their product. They just did an article in HCI about mufflers and what to look for. They recommended Borla (lifetime warrenty) and Magnaflow (Million Mile warrenty). Also a leganza is a 2.2L and not a small 1.6 or 1.8. That will come into play some sound wise. If you want to sound like an old air plane go with some imported exhaust, but magnaflow nad borla sound the best.
Would you also call HKS "tin can" full cat-back exhausts for like WRX cheap? They're like $900 bucks. And they sound amazing, just like any other "tin can" type of muffler (I'm not aware about the ones they sell at eBay for $20 bucks).
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

i read in a magazine (dont know if its true) if you reverse a turbo muffler (nothing to do with turbochargers) it will give you a louder, more pulsimg sound.
330w carbon kevlar
you'd better believe thats a paddlin

"a woman is like a refridgerator, bout 6ft tall, 300 pounds........."