msd to daewoo driver

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

msd to daewoo driver

Post by DomWoo »

ok let me first off state that i can not and will not tell anyone how it is made as for there will be a patent on this and this well be sold.

testing on it has not been completed

when testing is completed we will then make any changes that need be and decide if we want to sell it and how much it will be worth

if you have any questions feel free to ask
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Boy I thought this fourm was for Daewoo owners to help each other out, not make money off of them.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
daewoo

Post by daewoo »

could someone explain me what a msd is?
:?
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

msd ignition system its an aftermarket ignition. We have a problem with the daewoos, because unlike any other car the drivers for the ignition coils are built right into the coils on our cars. Now that a member of our group has figured out how to fix this problem, he is exploiting it by trying to make money off of us, instaed of sharing info. I could see paying like a buck or two for the schematics, and for his time on figuring it out. But not wanting to do that and just sell the product to us is wrong.
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
damian007vk
Super

wont the

Post by damian007vk »

wont the plasmabooster used on ecotecs like some saturns and chevys work in the exact same manner as this, as they too use dis-2 ignition systems ("intelligent coils", without a distributor and 2 coils)...nology also makes a symbol inline universal amp for more spark from ignition system...anyhow.....much more info is needed and wanted..keep us posted....and if you guys do decide to sell this....that is cool,,,,just dont rip us off...LOL...u know all us Lanos owners are pretty much broke,,if not we would all have Sti or Evos or 350z. Depending on how good of a device this is, and how safely and efficiently it works..I think somewhere around 65 bucks would be a good price not for the materials (probably under 10 bucks in total parts) but for the R&D, again, n e ways...keep us posted...

p.s is this going to be capable of timing retard too
p.s. after the technology is developed..any thoughts of having 2 different ones...the regular one, and one for a few more bucks that looks a bit cooler/also more durable...like maybe an anodized red/blue/or silver metal housing with a daewoo logo or something...so that it doesnt look like one of those cheesy univesal parts sold on ebay...just my 2 cents...L8rs
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Brian5475E wrote:Boy I thought this fourm was for Daewoo owners to help each other out, not make money off of them.
They are "helping you out" by making the part for you. Of course you have to pay the man who put in the wrench time and know-how. Or of course you could always use your own design for free. :lol: I hope you were just joking about your statements because there are funny.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

in this world when someone puts the time and effort into making something of great significant im sure they aren?t going to give it away for free, and if i went on here and told you all how to make it, you would see someone else making it and selling it on ebay

it has taking me over 6 months to figure this out.. yeah erfinder might have stoped by and figured it all out in 1 day, its still the fact that there was time and money put into this

someone i know is opening a store for aftermarket Daewoo parts and this will most likely be one of his parts and well if he doesn?t want to sell it in his line up i will because i know that there is 10 different vehicles out there that will need this to modify the ignition

testing is postponed do to hospitalization of me,

7 years ago i was shot with a BB gun in-between the thumb and pointy finger and when i went to the doctor at the time he left it in and said that it would do me no harm, well now i cant use my left hand, the BB fused the joints of my thumb together and causing tons of pain throughout my whole hand, and me not being able to move it makes me just want to sit and watch tv, so thats what im going to do
philou

Post by philou »

huh, then whats the point of showing us that part if no idea if it work and what it do? :?

it may be a random pic from ebay, who know :lol:
frenchy - but kicking somes azz!
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

let me explain what this does

when you go and buy a MSD DIS 2 and try to hook it up to the stock coils this is what will happen..

wire setup: ecu - msd - stock coils = no run

why no run? if you called the msd tech he would tell you to order a part #8912 (dual ignition adapter) and wont fix a thing, so heres why it wont run, the signal going to the msd box is not correct because the drivers to fire the coils are built into the stock coils and need tobe setup like this

wire setup: ecu - driver - msd - coils = in theory should run, (NORMAL ignition)

i purchased a spare coil pack and extracted the drivers from them and hooked it up to the MSD box and had a no run situation

so thats where this divice comes into play. it is used inplace as the driver and will tell the msd box when to fire the coils, because the stock coils still have a driver in them you will have to get a se tof aftermarket coils or something like dodge neon coils (same as mits eclipse)
Last edited by DomWoo on Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bluesheepbrian
Expert

Post by bluesheepbrian »

Hey WooHoo dont worry bout the gripe, they just jealous you did before they did, good for you. What is this your friend starting a store with aftermarket parts, lets us know when that is going to happen.

Wish you luck with the msd.
2002 Daewoo Lanos HB
www.evo-imports.com
www.myspace.com/bluesheepbrian
"Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it?"
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

huh, then whats the point of showing us that part if no idea if it work and what it do?

it may be a random pic from ebay, who know

no it works because i had it running for about 3 minutes and it was built right before my eyes and i know it works because it took 6 - 8 hours to get it to work
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

the person opening the store will come forward when he is ready but we all know him
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I'm glad that the circuit board is in a box.... it's a hack job... I would most certainly erased the picture if you had shown it ( as I warned you I would)

The board took about 6 hours but that's only because I didn't have all the parts on me.... we had to go to "Rat Shack" ( Radio Shack :oops: ) for parts.... talk about a useless store.... there selection of parts sucks.

Of course the guy we are talking about is GsiTurbo.... I'm sure he will make some kind of anouncement in the next while regarding his Daewoo parts company.

Brain5475E.... I don't care about money.... but I wouldn't consider giving out the schematic.... if you build the circuit board wrong you could fry your ECU.... which could mean that you would hold me responsible.

Products cost money to make and you also have to factor in things like insurance and other business costs.

If I make the circuit board and supply "dummy proof" plug and play instructions there is way less liability for me.... which is better.

Better yet... if I make it for someone else (like GsiTurbo) and he sells it as his own product then I have no liability what so ever.

As for owning an Sti or Evo... yes... I could afford one.... but yes.... I still drive a Daewoo as my daily driver.... I have money but I'm not stupid with it.... the Daewoo brand is the best bang for your buck.

As much as I'd like an Sti I'd rather kick ones ass and watch the guys face in my rear view mirror as I drive away.

Sure it has 300 hp but it's heavy as hell.... 300hp+ in an Optra 5 would walk all over an Sti any day.

Getting back to the circuit..... let me know who is interested..... I will make sure there is special pricing for Daewootech guys.

Oh... WooHoo... I will send you a bunch for free.... you can sell it to all the MSD guys if you want..... just let me know how many you want.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

Excellent Job guys... but I have a question.

You say that you need to use a different coil pack now correct? So what coil pack can be used? and what is the best coil pack out there?

Also, I agree, something in a metal anondized box would probably look better and might pull in a lil more money. Capitalism at it's finest :-D

Good luck with everything. I'd like to see some install pics if you have any. PM me with them please.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i will post the part numbers i have, but any 4 tower coil pack msd makes would be great

the only draw back is you have to go to the dealership or junk yard and get a connector for them

i have to head out to the doctor, really hard to type with hurting hand and no thumb movement