Fuel Boss

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

asam
Expert

Fuel Boss

Post by asam »

I did my "homework" on this issue and found out some info from a third party. he backs his info with published books and studies.

Check out this page

http://www.tinet.org/~sje/mag_fuel.htm

Tell me what you guys think. Your opinion is wanted.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

I've haven't had any replies so i guess this must not be all that interesting. But It's really good info with backed up pat. and published work. And its third party. If only I could find one of these for my intake.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Junk.
-Mike

2000 Lanos automatic (traded in)
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

well before my engine went pop I was planning on making one of these to test it out.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

The idea works. But the question is do the products. To make the system work completly you would also need to give a negative polarity to the oxygen molecules entering the intake. However hydrocarbon emissions decrease with only the fuel line being polarized.
Mike

Post by Mike »

asam wrote:The idea works. But the question is do the products.
No.
-Mike

2000 Lanos automatic (traded in)
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
woo
Expert

Post by woo »

whats wrong with just running 98 octane premium through it??Its what i do and my car runs sweeter and uses less fuel than if i use 91 octane.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Octane doesnt clean anything. It does however improve performance to differing degrees depending on the vehicles configuration. If the car has fuel injection then the benifits are pretty minimal unless you use a racing gas of 100+ octane.

Octane, by definition, is the resistance to burn or detonation. The higher the rating, the slower the burn when ignited during the compression burn cycle of the piston. The higher octane allows for better control of burning for high compression engines. So we want to match the correct octane rating of the gasoline to the engine design to ensure complete burning of the gasoline by the engine for maximum fuel economy and clean emissions.

The Idea of magnetics goes back to physics and chemistry.

Bring me a real argument if you want to say something.
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Lots of work... for little results. Those Tornados and Fuel Bosses claim to change the way your car runs. I still don't think a pinwheel in an intake and some kind of magnet on my fuel line will do jack.

Except make me look like a fool. :(
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I agree completely. Magnets and intake tins won't do anything.
If you see slight percentage increases in your fuel economy it is because you are not flooring the gas as much after you install them because you are more conciencious of your newly installed fuel economy boosters.
BosnianLanos wrote:Except make me look like a fool. :(
And cost you unnecessary money!
You can spend that money on something that will actually do something for your car, like add 10 pounds of vinyl TypeR stickers! LOL :P

Cliff
Mike

Post by Mike »

asam wrote:
Bring me a real argument if you want to say something.

OK... do a quick google on "fuel saver product scams"

Again I say, "junk"

I got some aluminium cans you can shape and some refrigerator magnets you can have.. I won't charge you 70 bucks like Tornado, I'll sell them to you for half of what they charge. 35 for each aluminium can and half of whatever they charge for magnets.
Mike

Post by Mike »

http://www.takakaira.com/accessories/ni ... pager.html

I would say the above product would be more effective than magnets and obstructions in the intake tube. It would intimidate people and make them think you had actually done a modification to your vehicle that actually improved it's performance. :lol:
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

HAHAHA I LOVE IT :D
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

Bring me proof that the magnet idea won't work with the right powered magnet. If you have any 500 gauss magnets on your fridge i'll buy them.
Mike

Post by Mike »

asam wrote:Bring me proof that the magnet idea won't work with the right powered magnet. If you have any 500 gauss magnets on your fridge i'll buy them.
You are in fact the one needing the burden of proof. You can't just state things and expect people to believe you without proof. You have none because there is no proof to be had.

Come on man..

Do some digging. Do some research. Products like that are pure garbage.

Search the internet. Search some other internet forums, not for facts but just to see that it is accepeted in the auto community that snake oils, air intake obstructions and magnets on the fuel lines are nothing but a way for smart (but dirty) people taking stupid peoples money.

I give up.