My daewoo does not accelerate

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

rayluis

My daewoo does not accelerate

Post by rayluis »

Hello everyone, I have a 2002 Daewoo Lanos 1.6, 4 cylinder, the other day my car was speeding and then I tried to accelerate but the car slows to shutdown and then did not catch more. After seeing what was wrong, the timing chain had peeled some teeth and bent some valves. We repaired both (put in time), changed the spark plugs and mounted, after all the car turns on the first touch. The problem is that the car takes a few seconds to accelerate when I run it (feeling lazy) and have a drawing at all times. A mechanic told me he had burned a spark plug (new) and apparently lacks one of the compression pistons. I asked if this could be the problem or something else. I would appreciate your help
Trackerrrr

Re: My daewoo does not accelerate

Post by Trackerrrr »

Recheck the timing belt marks. If you get the intake cam off a tooth you can get sluggish acceleration. Low compression in a cylinder will also cause the slow acceleration.
Chris
1999 Leganza SX
Puddle31
Super

Re: My daewoo does not accelerate

Post by Puddle31 »

find teh timing belt change procedure, I think it is in the Frequently asked Questions Forum. the did a great job of going through step by step to get that job right. I don't know if they are still there, but there were even pictures to go with it. it was a great job by someone.