Crankshaft position sensor 1.6 DOHC Lanos

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

hap_suu

Crankshaft position sensor 1.6 DOHC Lanos

Post by hap_suu »

I was replacing the crankshaft sensor. I took the old one out and screwed the new one in. But, when I was taking the old one out I was not careful about noticing how the cable connector plugged in. There is this bracket attached to the frame with a hole in it shaped such that the connector plug can go through and plugs into the socket. The problem is when I insert the connector plug through that bracket it does not click firmly to the socket. But if I plug bypassing the bracket it plugs firmly. Have any of you replaced this sensor before and remember/know whether the connector plug goes through the bracket hole before it is clicked into the socket. If so, is there any danger leaving it plugged outside of the bracket.

Thanks.
Trey05Woo
Super

Re: Crankshaft position sensor 1.6 DOHC Lanos

Post by Trey05Woo »

Well that bracket is just to keep the harness away from moving parts like the axle which passes right by there, and to keep the harness away from the crank pulley. Ive seen instances (on other vehicles) where the connector destorts due to temperature and the elements, cracks breaks, etc and can no longer mount in the factory location. If you can't get it to go back in the bracket a tie wrap will suffice.

In honesty though Ive never had a problem with the bracket/sensor on the Woo. IIRC the connector end of the sensor goes in from the right side or the tire side of the bracket, and the engine harness plugs from the other end (left).

Keep in mind that the connector also uses a secirty lock to prevent it from backing out
Specializing in European & Korean Only
Doral Auto Care
5171 NW 36th
Virginia Gardens, FL 33166
(305) 871-1121

BS Mechanical Engineering 12/12 (FINALLY!)

ASE Certified:
Engine Electrical
Engine Performance/Advance
Brakes & ABS
Air Conditioning
hap_suu

Re: Crankshaft position sensor 1.6 DOHC Lanos

Post by hap_suu »

Thank you very much for your time and reply.