Urgent Help Needed - I dont want to scrap my lanos!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

giga_matt

Urgent Help Needed - I dont want to scrap my lanos!

Post by giga_matt »

My lanos has been off the road for a year and a half now following engine failure. I sold the car to a friend and it started running on 3 cylinders and now it is dead. He gave it me back, i wanted to keep it as it was my first car.

Before, I had a large garage and drive and so had no problem in repairing it myself (well with help from my mate). I moved house and now only have a small drive and i am now needing the garage for other storage and so the daewoo either needs fixing and putting back on the road or scrapping :cry:

We have removed the head, cleaned it all up, ported 3 of the cylinders so far, the camshaft is screwed (one of the lobes is actually missing).

It needs a new camshaft, hopefully the bottom end is ok.

I have already purchased a new cam belt kit, bosch spark plugs, head gasket kit and HT leads.

Can anyone help me get this car back on the road in the Derby area? i no longer have the time or space to do it. Alternatively can anyone perform a red top conversion on it and get it back on the road - this is something i've always wanted to have done.

Thanks,

Matt!
Signed By MATT!

Rodd1s
Expert

Re: Urgent Help Needed - I dont want to scrap my lanos!

Post by Rodd1s »

Hello mate,
wish i could help, but am a bit far away and life is hectic at the moment as im moving out the parents' house.

if you dont get it running again and still want rid (or wana sell some parts off of it) i'd be interested, cos its a nice looking motor and would hate to see it go to waste.

other than that... once you get all the new parts for the engine in it and running, see how far you get with that and i'm sure someone on here will be able to give some advice for the next step.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
MMamdouh

Re: Urgent Help Needed - I dont want to scrap my lanos!

Post by MMamdouh »

sorry we are too far away man... wish i could help :(

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267