Cobalt turbo engine compatibility?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Davinci_360

Cobalt turbo engine compatibility?

Post by Davinci_360 »

I have been wondering for awhile how much of the Cobalt SS/Solstice/Sky turbo engine (LNF) could be used in GM/DAewoo cars, or with our engines. I seem to remember reading that the block doesn't have the same Opel/Daewoo bellhousing bolt pattern, so it's not a swap-able engine, but does anyone know if the heads would work with our block?

Could someone tell me how it's different from the Z20LEH?
Trey05Woo
Super

Re: Cobalt turbo engine compatibility?

Post by Trey05Woo »

the eco is completely different from the e-dtech engine family. No mechanical parts are interchangeable.

However, ecotecs are known for swapability, and I Have seen some in nissan 280s, and even a honda civic. You have a much better chance to drop a 2.4 or the lsj than the turbo variation which requires mounting of the high pressure fuel pump and its plumbing. The most difficult part is the wiring. The entire electrical system would have to be rewired, and some components updated and even added. As the ecotec uses a different evap system, and a smog pump not found in daewoos...

With that said I think its a possible project if you have the time, budget, and dedication...
Specializing in European & Korean Only
Doral Auto Care
5171 NW 36th
Virginia Gardens, FL 33166
(305) 871-1121

BS Mechanical Engineering 12/12 (FINALLY!)

ASE Certified:
Engine Electrical
Engine Performance/Advance
Brakes & ABS
Air Conditioning