another question for all you UK guys/gals

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanosguy

another question for all you UK guys/gals

Post by lanosguy »

Hi, can anyone tell me ow much an engine swap would be...that is buying the engine (2L) and the actual fitting of it by the garage? Thanks
like the lanos
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Depending on the Engine/Mileage/Deal
You can get one anywhere from upwards of $600-3500
600 being barely used
3500 new..
I'm guessing your from England lol and your looking into the C20 family.

I can't tell you exactly what you're looking at ... but knowing from shaun telling me the ECU is a nightmare... you can be looking at a guesstimate of
$4000 total... Just a rought guess ... i'm in class right now and can't exactly give you a definite idea... thats just what you'd be looking at in US Currency.
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

right, thanks...I dont think that I will be able to afford that + insurance (?2,400) so I think I will leave it for a while, lol.
like the lanos
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Like i said not 100% sure... I'm thinkin' Wolf-Spirit or Erfinder or someone of that technical know how would be of more help.
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

right, I will PM them and ask their opinion...thanks
like the lanos
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

well putting the engine in itself aint that hard and should take a good mechanic about 5hours i think (roughly not sure though) to swap old out and new in.... But then the mess still has to start swapping engine is easy cuase the bay is made for a 2.0 from the kadett... but electronics need to be swapped aswell... so you have to be thinking again a other 2hours(again roughly) nor am i 100% sure what need to be swaped fully... but i dont think it is that much....

so i think you need a engine/ecu/wiring for pricing i cant really comment cuase im EU/BE UK will prolly be a bit difrent. You will also have to pay about a days work from a mechanic (not that cheap but if you really dno how to do it its a must). Ow and you also need a kadett 2.0 engine mount as for it is difrent then a 1.6 one.

thats about it what i can recall... again dno about pricing but over here i think it would be about 1000euro for a 2.0 engine (got one atm in store:p) wiring and ecu i geus about a other 500euro. Engine mount i have no clue but im geusing about 50-100euro.Then for the work wich is really difrent from shop to shop over here (dno in uk) should be about 300euro i think.

that would make it about 1900-2300 euro i think(some trouble calculated in price)

Ow you wont need a new tranny btw the 1.6 one mounts up to the 2.0 if i recal correct

ps. yust notice my price is a bit difrent from knights.... so not sure if im correct or that its yust so much difrent over here then UK... i will ask my dad later he normaly sets the prices i yust do the work lol
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

WOW, lol...definately putting on the shelf 4 the moment, lol. Oh, well don't need to PM u now :). BTW I have the 1.4, not the 1.6.
like the lanos
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

As your in the UK you could pick up a decent 2.0L XE engine, wiring harness and ECU for ?300 or less. I've seen several sell for half that. Gearboxes are very cheap also, sometimes free. For a weeks work (if your doing it yourself) you could have 150-160hp in your Lanos.
If its a turbo your after theres the C20LET or better still the Z20LET which uses the same head and block as the 2.0L's found in the bigger Daewoos's (see pic below). Expect to pay ?1000 - ?1500 for a good engine, tranny and wiring etc. You'll have over 200hp then with chip upgrades to 260hp and more to be had with more serious modifications.

Where in the UK are you? If your near me I could help out with the conversion if you want to do it.

Stef
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Like i said wolf... that was a ruff guesstimate from in the states
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
lanosguy

Post by lanosguy »

hi, I am in Lancashire, up north
like the lanos
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

Well, if you do want to do a swap, get in touch. I can help you source an XE and any other parts you may need like brakes etc.
Just let me know! :)

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...