Random CEL

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

David74

Random CEL

Post by David74 »

Hi Guys,recently i replaced the engine of my Lanos 1.6 2000.Ever since i get random CEL " Random misfire .."
I also put new spark plugs ,cables,Cam sensor,fuel filter.,air filter..,timing belt,water pump.All it says is " random misfire ",comes and goes on its own,sometimes flashes ,sometimes is solid .A lots of time when i turn the engine Off and than ON again resets it self .
One thing i 've noticed that will trigger it every time is : when i'm driving about 60-75mph and go down hill or don't press on the gas and go like that for a minute or 2,the CEL go ON will every time ...
The car is running very well weather the CEL is ON or OFF,so, so far no effect on performance or mpg.It just bugs me
Any suggestions of what could trigger the CEL..???
Thank You !!!
Lanos 2000 1.6 DOHC
daewoomofo

Re: Random CEL

Post by daewoomofo »

this is the same problem that johnnyc had with his car, never could figure it out. i always suspected the crank sensor but it was never confirmed or busted

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Puddle31
Super

Re: Random CEL

Post by Puddle31 »

Mine has done this too David 74, but only occasionally. Usually I get the flashing code, and then only when on a trip where I have been drivign for a couple of hours. the manual says you get the flashing code for a extreme misfire, or something like that. Like you, my car continues to seem to be running fine though (no missing, no bucking, no stalling, no loss of power).

I just add this to the list of gremlins in the car (random camshaft sensor codes, occasional auto transmission clunking, broken airflow selector, etc). I dont' mind, i love the car but in my state you can't have any codes to pass inspection.

Let us know if you figure it out.