Dead Lanos - Red Top Conversion?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

giga_matt

Dead Lanos - Red Top Conversion?

Post by giga_matt »

Well the engine in my old Lanos is toast, looks like the mate i sold it too ran it out of oil or something as the head is scorched and even one of the cams is missing for cylinder 3. Could have been the oil pump gone i suppose.

He's given it me back for free so basically i am willing to spend a bit of money on it to get it working again and keep it as a project car.

I always wanted to put a red top in it when i owned it so now my chance. I've a friend who is willing to help me do it.

Looking on ebay there is 2 models C20XE and C20LET, which will be the best\easiest to fit? Am i right in thinking the original gearbox will work? or is it necessary to make sure its got an F20 gear box with it?

Engine mounts - will it drop straight in or if it needs mounts, where can i get them from?

Please help me get this dead Lanos back on the road :D
Signed By MATT!

daewoomofo

Re: Dead Lanos - Red Top Conversion?

Post by daewoomofo »

either will fit just fine. i say get the c20let as its a 2.0 dohc turbo. the c20xe is also a nice engine, quite a bit of n/a power. your stock tranny should hold up with hte xe, but prolly not too logn with the let. i not sure what yout would need mounts from there in hte uk, but i know that there are mounts available that will make the engine a "drop in" but you will still have to figureout your wireing and fuel systems.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The lanos chassis is exactly identical to that of the Astra MK2... it's only the exterior looks that are different.

The engine, gearbox, subchassis, brakes, suspension are all compatible.

Given the Astra MK2 GTE had the C20XE you simply need a mount from the GTE to make a 2.0L fit into your Lanos.

Both the C20XE and C20LET use a completely different engine management system so both will take some work to fit into your Lanos from the electrical point of view.

Mechanically the 2.0L is ultra easy and you Lanos uses the D16.... which is simply an F16 from an Astra with an external slave unit for actuating the clutch.

So.... your fine to use the stock Lanos D16
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
nubira88

Post by nubira88 »

Yeah im also looking out for a dead leganza or nubira2 wrote off or blown up to swap all over into my nubira1.6 i found a holden viva (lacetti) wich from the pics looks like a bolt in but wont know untill im actually looking under the bonnet $1500 for a complete 06 model.anyways will be taking some cool pics of trial and error for other 1.6 nubira owners and people of interest to browse through :D