Aircon Problem?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

flat6

Aircon Problem?

Post by flat6 »

Hi all

Just got the aircon in my 00' Lanos sport re-gassed a few weeks ago, it worked great for about 2 weeks, then i started noticing a hissing noise coming from behind the glove box (RHD - glovebox on the left) as soon as the aircon was turned on and for 10 seconds after it was turned off.

Now when the aircons on, it has no effect at all and the hissing noise doesnt appear at all

I fear the compressor my have died and i wasted a whole heap of money getting it re-sealed and gassed :S

does anyone know what might of went wrong

Cheers
MMamdouh

Re: Aircon Problem?

Post by MMamdouh »

well... i hear the same sounds from same place on my car so i recon it is ok (even though this was not the case prior to refilling the system)

if the A/C is not doing any effect then odds are you leaked your charge again or you got a problematic valve (their is a valve on the bottom side of your A/C compressor that affects A/C performance)

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Behind the glovebox you have the evaporator and it's associated thermostatic expansion valve. Open the hood and have a look at the elbowed rubber drain pipe on the firewall. If inner is greasy you lost your R134a refrigerant/PAG oil. If not greasy at all it could be the valve stuck full open or closed. Is the compressor noisy? Anyway I would go to the shop having make the repair to ask for warranty.

Daniel
flat6

Post by flat6 »

Cheers Fellas, Ill check that out tonight

Been meaning to take it back to the guy that gassed it but havent had the time with work, the longer i leave it the harder it'll be to get him to fix it :S
KING_3

Post by KING_3 »

i hear the same sound on my Espero, every time i turn on or off the aircon. I believe it's the sound of freon passing through the expansion valve, which i think is normal. it's like a sound of air coming out of a pinhole puncture.

I think one cause of it is the dirt being trapped in the expansion valve (check out a new expansion valve and you'll notice that it has something like a net which serves as a filter) then how dirty your expansion valve is will determine how it will sound, so try replacing the expansion valve if you want.

But if the aircon is still getting cool then for me i'll just let it be like that and save myself from the trouble of opening the system to replace the exp valve then needing to recharge the system again

-King