leaking engine please help

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bestlanosinmaine

leaking engine please help

Post by bestlanosinmaine »

hey guys i havnt been on in a while...but my car is all done but its still in my shop because the engine is leaking. I crashed my car racing a while back and its finally done...but now im leaking what looks like anti-freeze and oil. im going to rip the engine apart tommorow but if any one has any ideas please let me know what you think it could be. im thinking a cracked seal or something like that.
thanks
philou

Post by philou »

It can be a simple bad gasket or seal.

Best thing is to locate the leak, go on a clean surface, and verify where it leak, and/or clean a bit under your engine with a towel (where it's the more 'oily'), and check where 'fresh' oil pass by, my .02c
bestlanosinmaine

aright i got it back from the body shop :D ... so i got to check it out and it looks like the valve cover gasket is whats leaking...so now i need a new gasket but i cant find one :cry: ....so if you could all look around a little and let me know if u find one
bestlanosinmaine

another quick question is the head gasket the same as the valve cover gasket....ive always called it valve cover gasket but a site a found that has tons of daewoo parts call something a head gasket and i was wondering if it was the same thing

the site is http://www.coastdaewooparts.com
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

no... the head gasket goes between the engine block and the heads, the valve cover gasket goes between the head and the valve covers.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com