Got some questions

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

sidiouspr

Got some questions

Post by sidiouspr »

on my 1.6 dohc lanos 2002 or 2001 i get confused but yea i wanna know is there a way to change my stock ingnition distributer etc. can i use the ecu of the nubria for more fuel flow and compression, anythin that i can use that better then my oem parts from other vehicles that would result in power gains or torque gains .
AntDX316
Junior

Re: Got some questions

Post by AntDX316 »

sidiouspr wrote:on my 1.6 dohc lanos 2002 or 2001 i get confused but yea i wanna know is there a way to change my stock ingnition distributer etc. can i use the ecu of the nubria for more fuel flow and compression, anythin that i can use that better then my oem parts from other vehicles that would result in power gains or torque gains .
turbo is the only way to actually gain power reasonable power
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Using the nubira ecu won't have anything to do with changing the compression. Compression's a mechanical thing, not something that's controlled by the ecu.
SAZ
---------------------
MMamdouh

Re: Got some questions

Post by MMamdouh »

sidiouspr wrote:on my 1.6 dohc lanos 2002 or 2001 i get confused but yea i wanna know is there a way to change my stock ingnition distributer etc. can i use the ecu of the nubria for more fuel flow and compression, anythin that i can use that better then my oem parts from other vehicles that would result in power gains or torque gains .
ECU swap won't give you anything... on the contrary you will lose the VGIS control

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
sidiouspr

Post by sidiouspr »

okay i kno that the ecu would change how much fuel flows into my engin correct ... and im not ready for turbo on my car i jus wonderin what basic n/a can i do to my car
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it won't

it will try to keep the 14.7 A/F ratio so you will gain nothing

tried it before on the 2.0 nubira by switching the 1.6 nubira ECU with the ECU of a 2.0 leganza... nothing changed whatsoever

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

Pir0 wrote:Using the nubira ecu won't have anything to do with changing the compression. Compression's a mechanical thing, not something that's controlled by the ecu.
+1
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
mikedudley17
Super

Post by mikedudley17 »

just do up simple mods like intake, exhaust, plugs and wires, suspension, air/fuel controller and other things. u will gain a few ponies like that and then when u ready...............................

TURBO! :badgrin:
sidiouspr

Post by sidiouspr »

okay for wires i dont know what kind to get and for air feul management what can i get for that but i really want to know that nobody understand i think is this with another cars ecu will i put more fuel into my car
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

ECU swap won't give you anything... on the contrary you will lose the VGIS control

MMamdouh

Swapping the ecu, as MMamdouh said, WONT give you more fuel. Besides, giving yourself more fuel, will only cause the car to run rich and you'll probably lose performance as you've no need for more fuel. Putting in a more agressive cam or getting the head ported, or both, would see a benefit from more fuel as essentially, you're adding more air to the combustion chambers. So, adding fuel without doing a supporting more, ie, one that gives more air, is completely pointless and will only do more harm than good.
SAZ
---------------------
sidiouspr

Post by sidiouspr »

iiight well for now how can i get cams and what performance parts can i find to fit on my lanos is their anything interchangeable performance parts for it i might be goin all motor wit nitrous for now