Need Help! Post Head Gasket Fix!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Need Help! Post Head Gasket Fix!

Post by BosnianLanos »

Hey guys, I changed my headgasket a few months back and I've run into some problems. I haven't really been able to drive the car...so this is the first time in a long time I've had to ask questions.

I have two problems! One that I'm sure you guys can help with. One that I'm on my own with.

1. The AC fan and Radiator fan WILL NOT go off. They are on all the time. Driving, in traffic, with the car off and the key on ON. I'm not sure what it is. I'm guessing it may be my CTS sensor. Either it is faulty or not hooked up well. The gauge registers heat, but due to the fans it will not get to normal operating temperature. Can this be the fault of bad timing?

2. There is a pretty nasty scratching/squealing/grinding noise coming from the timing belt side of the engine. It is very difficult to describe (thus the fact that I most likely have to do this myself). It happens only when the engine is hot, and gets louder with acceleration. I'm afraid the valves are scraping or grinding somehow. It goes away intermittently and will come back after 1 or 2 seconds. I'm not sure what it is. I guess I can attribute it to poor timing, but I'm unsure.

I have a CEL that I will go check out tomorrow. Maybe that will help!

But in the meantime, please help my green Lanos!
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

timing can't cause the fans issue... probably your temp sensor is not hooked or the wiring is screwed

the scraping sound could be from alternator bearings or so... remove alternator belt and see if the sound is still their

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
jak4calibrah

Post by jak4calibrah »

it could also be a noisy tentioner/idler and i no this is a long shot but it could be your pwr ster pump but that makes more noise as you turn the steering.