water pump isue

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

angel

water pump isue

Post by angel »

i am trying to remove my water pump on my lanos due to the belt snapping ,i have a new cylinder head and all the parts to fix it but the water pump does not want to come off....and yes i have remove the 3 allen screws but it will not budge any body have any ideas or has anyone else have this same problem before........any info would be greatly appreciated :?
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

I've had that when a previous owner had used sealing compound in place of using a new Oring. Never got the pump off the engine :( . Was on a VW Polo.
If you find how-to please post it.

Daniel
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

use standard issue removal procedure for stubborn bolts and all... a ton of WD40... some knocking... tilting to left and right with a 42mm wrench

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
angel

thanks

Post by angel »

i have done all of that and i also have hit it so hard the sprocket has come off the waterpump and it still does not move.il keep trying with other options
Daniel
Expert

Re: thanks

Post by Daniel »

angel wrote:i have done all of that and i also have hit it so hard the sprocket has come off the waterpump and it still does not move.il keep trying with other options
:(
Heating :?: .
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

Sounds like it is really 'frozen' in.. Have you tried "P.B. Blaster" ? (it's available in most American auto parts stores and much better than WD40) Soak it with that overnight than try moving it with tool/wrench from the backside, counterclockwise.
Also Napa (auto-parts) has some stuff that is even better than P B blaster, costs more though.

good luck :)
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
angel

thanx

Post by angel »

thanks guys for all the info .i have tried pb blaster ,wd40 ,and all the other good stuff. i havent tried heating up cause i donot want to worp or damage the block .i have hit it with a mini aledge and i have actually chipped the water pump to pieces so i am gonna continue to do that till it brakes completely into chunks .......i dont know why it was so stuck on the car only has 65,000. miles on it . but oh well thanks again guys.