msd to daewoo driver

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

I have heard Bosch does not react well with Daewoos or really any Korean cars, I don't know from experience but I think I heard some forum member say that he had a bad experience or something.

I think NGK Iridium plugs would mate best with our engines.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

I have to disagree here with you man... they work perfectly on Woos.

"Chris Ponciano" - www.daewootech.net owner and daewootech yahoo group owner - is using them and they were perfect.

Also my good friend "Elhamy" is currently using them - upon my recommendations - and he is extremely happy with the experience.

P.S: Both of them are www.daewootech.com members.

I myself gonna use them... probably with my next oil change within the next couple of weeks or so.

NGK iridium are good too but I don't have solid feedback on them as I have on the Bosch... I am currently using NGK spark plugs but they are the usual plugs... no fancy iridium or anything.

Anybody got feedback on that issue??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
damian007vk
Super

Post by damian007vk »

from my research..someone can correct me if I am wrong...you are only gonna notice a difference for an extended period of time from iridium spark plugs if you boosting either with turbo or supercharger (since in force induction applications, the iridium plugs help regain parasitic power loss) If you are naturally aspirated, then you will not gain any significant power from the plugs. If you are spraying (NOS) or plan on spraying nitrous then supposedly you dont want anything but copper spark plugs. So i guess if naturally aspirated and not spraying nitrous, then you might notice a bit better spark from platinum plugs over regular standard ngk copper plugs...however..like it has been said in the past..you probably feel difference at beginning just cause they are fresh..not because they are actually improving performance. But yes..to answer the Q, I guess along with the driver and the msddis2 and the coils, you would want to have both your plugs, and more importantly your plug wires upgraded
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

before i got my msd box i used bosch p4 plugs and the car actaully lost power... i went with some NGK regular plugs and it felt normal again... i might try some p4's in it again soon but i put the ones i had in the honda and it runs good on them

today i threw all my stock exhaust back on for the testing of hte new drivers, aslo wanted to play with the Greddy Emanage on the stock computer... holy crap... the Emamage makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE. i can actaully get rubber (little) in a auto just off the start with out reving the engine
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

well... indeed the super 4 will last longer and it will not "ADD POWER"... it will make the car more responsive during acceleration.

it has been a long threaded post at daewootech yahoo group and we all their concluded that they will give you no more HP or so but they will last much longer than regular sparks (i.e will continue to provide strong sparks for a longer period) and eventually you will benefit from them.

we are now at a testing phase right?? why don't you try the new ignition system with 1) regular spark plugs 2) Bosch super 4 3) NGK iridum and post the feedback on all of them and of cours your recommendations for the optimum performance based on the tests result.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

if someone whats to buy me all these plugs i will do the testing.. sence i have the unit hooked up.. and i will be more than happy to ship the plugs back to the owner

i dont have money to be throwing away on plugs... if you seen the spark that the MSD BOX makes i dont think that you would even worry about what type of plug to use.. there is nothing that is going to kill this spark

from my experience plug wires make the difference not plugs
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

you have a emanage on your woo. do you have the directions on how to hook something like that to a dawoo. I have an Aveo and was wanting to use a SAFC 2, or emanage. Which one would be better?
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i dont have instructions but i took a wiring diagram and worked off that... i dont know whats better.. i know that a SAFC-2 will fix your airfuel ration.... the emanage is a piggy back fuel computer and you can play with tons of features.. a friend of mine has the safc 2 on his 16g's turbo talon and he said it made all the difference.. before he said the car was sluggesh and after he got it, it hit redline so fast he couldnt shift it fast enough
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I finally remembered to send the drivers to WooHoo..... he should have them in a week.
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

hey woohoo, let me know when you test them and they're ready to go. I need one asap.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i decided to give you guys a little teaser of the ignition system.. im going to get my sisters digital cam and record a clip in the dark hehe.. this should be fun :twisted:

<------waits for dark!!! :roll:
damian007vk
Super

will be waiting for that

Post by damian007vk »

dont let us down!!!! give us the clip now!!!!! LOL...nothing worse than being teased..................................
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

sorry it got dark last night and i dont know where my sister was... should have just stole her camera
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

i need one too so tell us when there ready
2.0 engine swap in the works
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i got it... i got it... no not the driver the video i promised

ok.. when i figure out how to load it on here you guys will get to see the insane sparking fury :twisted:

just alittle eye candy