2.2L on the way to settle under my hood

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

any advice on the cylinder head for more improvment in performance?

MM, i am thinking about using the T20 block with the T22 crank and rods and C20XE pistons to avoid paying so much money to have the license, i heared it will be up to the roof so soon LOL
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

your cheapest bet for now (since you want to redo it later, why spend alot of money) is to get the head shaved. that will raise the compression ratio, adn you will only have to buy one engine. when you turbo, you can buy another stock head or just get a MLS head gasket to lower the compression ratio.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the bad thing about shaving the heads is that you run the risk of interference. to get any significant change in the compression ratio you'd have to shave a ton and i think the valves would smack the pistons the first time you turn it over.

garrett
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

thats true, but you can have valve reliefs ground into the pistons to save them

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

good point, but he might have the same amount of money shaving the head and cutting 16 valve faces in a set of used T22 pistons.

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i agree with gse, daewoomofo, and i could only buy the extra C20 pistons only not the whole engine, and also can set the T22 pistons after that, plus i dont like the idea of shaving the head so much as it cant help too much with the compression like when i change the pistons, and also if i replaced the valves to a bigger valves and ported the head, i wouldnt have to change the head if i am going turbo, cuz actually this will help in turbo also, all i have to change are the pistons and maybe a stronger rods and i will still can sell my pistons and rods...
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

I called the engine dealer saturday night and he said the cars still waiting to get loaded on the ship from USA :cry: i cant damn wait anymore :x :evil:
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

Guys, i am planning to get the AC touch screen panel rather than the normal AC control panel which i have and which is normal in most Nubiras, do anybody got the diagram for how to attach this (STOCK) touch AC control panel?? and also i am getting the speed stablizer (or the speed fixer) i dunno what its called but its to control the speed without having to stick ur feet on the accelerator

so please anybody have the diagram of anyone of those plz tell me. i will do that on next monday untill the engine arrive to Egypt after about 3 weeks
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

so anybody got it? :?:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

never seen it before

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

:) thx anyway bro, i am still waiting for the things to arrive :cry:
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

HIII guys, just wanted to say hi cuz i had some problems in the internet the last month so i didnt log on to the site alot..

wanted to inform u guys that i have already changed my rear drums into disks and i have notice a great performance gains in the breaks and i am installing the ABS right now, just waiting to finish some wiring works for the ABS today and tomorrow if i had any free time and i will tell u when it works. ;)

MM, it was nice meeting u yesterday and Elhamy too and the other guys. by the way what do u think about changing all of my interior into the american specs interior with the digital AC control unit?? i think it will look so much nice more than the black interior, specially cuz my car is black also. :)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it was nice meeting you too bro :)

as for the interior: if it was me i'd save the money for the turbo project ;)

P.S: don't forget my rear disk conversion question

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
FabricatorX

Post by FabricatorX »

don't let your human nature of impulse buying cause you to waste money on things that have no relevance to your ultimate goal.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

Hello everybody, sorry for being away for sometime but i had some problems with the internet company so i couldnt be online..

anyways, i finally had my ABS installed in my Nubira and its working after alot of wiring and and work in the car also swapped rear disks rather than drums, and also now i got airbag for the driver and passenger seats and in the seat belts and they are working now. and one last thing that i changed the AC coils and control panel into a touch climate control unit and it looks more sweet than the manual unit ;) all i have to do now before i swap the 2.2L engine into my car is finding four sport shocks and springs....anyways i am so happy about what i have done till now :D

MM, about the rear disk conversion, my mechanic swear to me that the rear Nubira disks will fit and he is certainly sure about that but i will not approve on what he says untill i get the parts from somewhere and check this on a Lanos first then i will tell u that u can do this ;)