2.2L on the way to settle under my hood

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

mezomaster wrote: if u have any other idea to raise the compression then please tell me, but remember that i cant order anything from the internet right now or buy forget cusom pistons, so if u have an idea u should tell me which engine i can take the pistons off?
you can shave the head to increase the compression

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i know MM, but this will make the temp. go up to the roof and wont be enough for the compression i want and of course changing the pistons is better than shaving the head
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

MM, read my other post, there is some hope that i can use the C20XE pistons, dont u agree with me that if i used them in the T22 it will be raised to about 10.5:1 compression and it will be about 160hp? :roll:
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

maybe the compression but not the HP... remeber the C20XE got some other differences other than compression so i am not so sure about the end HP you are going to get

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

ya of course it will be less than 160 but not less than 150 cuz the T22 still 2.2L not only 2.0L likw the C20XE, but maybe i wont achieve that hp untill i do the modifications which i always like to do like the headers and 2.25" exhaust and another injectors from a 3500c.c. engine or 3000c.c. 6l engine, and maybe a adjustable fuel regulator with MSD in the soon future...OMG if i did all of this it will be even way more than 160 hp :lol:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

again... bigger injectors won't do you anything without more air (forced induction) but the other stuff is great... i'd add a light weight crank pully and i know were to get one for the T20SED/T22SED

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

just pray for me that i can swap these pistons in the T22 :)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i said with MDS, so it can be burned cuz it will be compatible, strong spark, more fuel and my leg will give it the more air, it doesnt mean that i will go with 5000c.c. injectors LOL, it was all just ideas for later.

U said u can get the pulley for T20 and T22?? in Egypt?? i think i am dreaming :o
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

wait, does it mean that i should lighten the flywheel if i used a lightened crank pully from the other side??? dont say yes
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

no... you don't have to do that

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

who got this pulley? or how much it costs??
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

opel guys... from a 97 vectra... cost is some 350LE

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

u think the difference in weight deservs a 350LE or not that much?, how much i will feel a difference if i got this installed?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

theoritically speaking: reducing the weight of a crank pully or fly wheel makes the crank spin more freely... just like using light weight rims and from what i have seen, this pully is about 1/3 the weight of the OEM one.

can't give much feedback on the performance difference after the pully as i didn't drive the car that much before and after to judge but Zikas said it was money well spent.

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

well, i will see after finishing all the external components first and finish everything
if i still do have money for the pulley then i will buy it and let u know how much difference it was :D