Suspected dirty injectors... what to do?? GOT NEW INJECTORS!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

KIMO

injectors

Post by KIMO »

Mr. Mamdouh

alf Mabrouk

can you tell me from where you purchase your injectors. and tell me the location of your mechanica and his name.

M. El-Hakim
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i got a set of four GM injectors costing 700 LE form Almoneer Shop in Faysal street... the shop is some 300 meters on the left side of the street if you are comming form Giza square.

i think you live near that shop so it won't be a problem to go their.

my mechanic's shop is in Saft Ellaban... it is kinda hard to reach it if you don't know the area so i can give you better directions if you called me on 0127335920.

The Mechanic's name is Mohamed abdo and he works in the Daewoo agency so he knows all about Daewoos.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

1,800 kms and 1.5 months and the car is running perfictly, engine starts at thge first crank, no black smoke or hisitation also the stanless steel exhaust tip is not covered by black smog anymore.

i can't really compare fuel economy yet because the last feedback on the old injectors was in the winter time and the new ones are used in summer while the A/C is on all the time... i guess having the same fuel consumption even though i have the A/C on means i got improved fuel economy... right??

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

In other post mebers said:
KIMO wrote:dear sir

are you have the old problem with the new installed injectors
mmamdouh wrote: well... my car is getting a bit late on startups now, not as bad as it used to be ofcorse but is is not as fast when the injectors were brand new.

i think the fuel in this country is very bad.

MMamdouh
KIMO wrote:yes this what i am thinking to

every time i check the fuel filter i found it very dirty

but may be there is somthing wrong other than injectors, becuse at last time i went to the agency at abou rawash i noticed that about 80% of lanos or nubera cars have delay in start.

and i have fried who has nubera and he face this problem after 40,000 km and he change the injectors at agency on their chage and after 3 months the problem come back again

may be the fuel or bad injectors or any other defect part.

i search the net and found it may me the defected crank shaft position sensor, so the car take long time for correct signal the detect the of poistion of shft to start firing, the defected sensor affect by hea soaking.

kimo
mmamdouh wrote:yeah... tell me about it, the fuel here got more dirt than it got combustable ingredients... check this link to see

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... c&start=15

my mechanic told me that late starts is an inherent thing with daewoos we have here... no idea why is that

i remebred you saying that when it started happening to me... never thought this will happen after such short time.

well... i don't think the CMP is the issue... if that is the case then you should have a CEL, also why would the problem go away when you replace the injectors??, why does the car start right away when it is parked overnight or when it was turned off for just a little period?

i hardly think it is the crank sensor or any other sensor... i still suspect the fuel system and i just can't blame it on the GM injectors 'cause our fuel will foul any injector out their.

MMamdouh
KIMO wrote:her is a copy from whatvi read
Car Runs but Won't Re-Start; Bad RPM Sensor. I recently posted a starting problem with a 1991 240, where it would start fine when it was cold and would start fine hot if restarted immediately after cutting off the engine. However, if it were left for 10 minutes or more after cutting it off hot, the starter motor would just turn and turn until it finally started - sometimes it did not and the battery just ran down. As it turns out, it was the RPM sensor, which is also a crankshaft position sensor. The heat soak after turning off the engine made the sensor open circuit most of the time - during starting, apparently, the computer did not pick up enough crankshaft position information to start the car. However, since the car ran fine if it did start, the sensor must have been intermittently putting out a signal, enough to update the computer in order to correctly operate the fuel injection and ignition systems after starting. After replacing the sensor, I have had no further problems with starting. Just thought y'all might like to know the solution to this problem, in case your brick ever acts like this. Thanks for all your inputs to my problem.

http://www.swedishbricks.net/700900FAQ/ ... rt_Bad_RPM
mmamdouh wrote:thats very intresting indeed.

ok it explains why the startup behavour changes with engine temp but it doesn't explain the loss of fuel pressure in the system nor the dissaperance of the problems with new injectors though.

i will get the price of the Crank Position Sensor to see if i can buy one and replace mine but i don't think that will be cheap... i will try to find a used one in a good condition just for testing purposes.

guys... what do you think about the diagnosis that KIMO shared? could the CMP be really our problem rather than injectors??

MMamdouh
KIMO wrote: As i remember it cost arround 180 LE. ar less
mmamdouh wrote: :shock:
mmamdouh wrote: hey KIMO i have noticed something, when i reset my ECU last Friday the late start issue went away... could you try this with your car and see if it works for you too??

MMamdouh
KIMO

Post by KIMO »

how can reset my ECU, is it by remove the positive cable for about 1 min. only?
thanks
KIMO

Post by KIMO »

ok i found the way of reset the ECU in how to do part. and i will try this today and tell you tomorrow.

but from two weeks ago i cleaned the idle then remove the +ve cable of battary for 1 min. then reconnect is that enough? because there is no change.

Thanks
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

yes this is way to do it... seems that reseting the ECU has nothing to do with it :?

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

my car started to develop late starts once again :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

MMamaouh
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

it may be the nasty fuel you are using mmamdouh... causing the fuel pump/regulator to build pressure before the car will run (to blow all the sediment out of the injectors)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

ok then why doesn't that happen if the car left off over night?? i suspect the dirty fuel indeed... i am sure my fuel filter is as dirty as the sea water in the gulf war.

i guess i have to use injectors cleaners more often as well as more frequent fuel filter changes... i am not going to get new set of injectors again :evil:

MMamdouh
KIMO

Post by KIMO »

is that possible to slect four good injectiors from the eight ones to use
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the old 4 injectors are totally busted... the ones i have now are not bad... they are just not as good as they were when they were brand new.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the injectors i got brand new are officially leaking... DAMN!

my mechanic told me that this type of injectors are known for leaking problems and he offered a solution... he gave me a set of different kind of injectors to try out and if i do like them i can buy them.

at a first glance i see that they are a different design than the ones i already got but still the same size... fitment was not an issue at all, after an initial test the car was a bit more responsive and the only startup test i did so far was a success.

on the diagnostic side i see that this injector is not a multi point fuel injector... it is a single point as it has only one port, the ones we got as OEM got 6 fine ports and thus it is MPFI, i recon it is because of our crappy fuel lots of fine size shit gets past the fuel filter and start to accumilate inside the fine ports of the injector and cause it to leak when closed due to improper sealing.

this single point injector got one big port - compared to the ones we got as OEM - and thus fine dirt will pass through the port and not clog the port... or at least this is what i think.

will keep you all posted.

MMamdouh
kroz123
Expert

Post by kroz123 »

I use STP too but my mech said to me that the cleaners start working after 3 days.
T18SED Engine.

klonek78
Junior

Post by klonek78 »

MMamdouh wrote:
BosnianLanos wrote:If you are set on cleaning your injectors, relieve fuel pressure and take out your fuel rail with the injectors still attached. It will take some tugging because the injectors are really wedged in there, but don't worry, nothing can break.

Once you get them out, you can see the tip that goes into the combustion chamber, mine were a little dirty, but I used a fine wire brush to clean them to like new condition.

It is a really easy job, there isn't potential to mess up too bad. Good luck

Hmmm... seems fairly easy but i got a question, wouldn't the wire brush change the shape of the injector's tip?? i mean it can brush off some metal off the injector tip so that it changes the tip shape and accordingly spray pattern?

i guess you used a REALLY fine brush with extra caution during the process...right?

MMamdouh

Please don't do it. Tip of injectors is made form plastic.

Check fuel pressure regulator. Sometimes they like to "put" some fuel in underpressure pipe just to the intake manifold. Disconnect this pipe and look if there is no fuel leaking...
DAEWOO NUBIRA II 2,0turbo (K04+2,5"exhaust tuned with SMT7) CDX WAGON 222222km so far :)
350KM@470Nm by GT28RS+N2O coming soon :D