Lanos will not run after rebuild from broken timing belt

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gb2615

Post by gb2615 »

Hi Daniel, MMamdouh and daewoomofo

Thanks for the praise. It's always nice to get a pat on the back. :)
These forums helped me so much and I just want to give a bit back. :D
Making the images really "did" explain why it didn't do any damage ... and just how lucky I was not to cause more. :oops:
Lanos - Lots of engineering packed into one little space

Lanos SX 1.6lt DOHC 5spd 09/1997 220kms - No Mods
aaronrus

Post by aaronrus »

i currently have an identical problem on my lanos, a 2000 model, but i had a head shop do the work on the heads. i have good compression across the board, i have good fuel pressure and delivery, good spark...

two questions: what is the firing order of the 2000 1.6 model, so i can check to see if that is correct, and how do i tell if they reversed the camshafts and /or cam gears on my car?
Snafu

Re: Lanos will not run after rebuild from broken timing belt

Post by Snafu »

I know this is old post but what did the engine do when the cams were reversed? Did it back fire through the throttle body?

Trying to see if I have same problem. Lines look right but there is still an obvious problem.

Thanx
MMamdouh

Re:

Post by MMamdouh »

aaronrus wrote:i currently have an identical problem on my lanos, a 2000 model, but i had a head shop do the work on the heads. i have good compression across the board, i have good fuel pressure and delivery, good spark...

two questions: what is the firing order of the 2000 1.6 model, so i can check to see if that is correct, and how do i tell if they reversed the camshafts and /or cam gears on my car?
firing order = 1-3-4-2

reversed cam shafts= you will find the cam gear with circular holes on the right and the cam gear with oval holes on the left

reversed gears only... i have no idea

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Snafu

Re: Re:

Post by Snafu »

MMamdouh wrote:
aaronrus wrote:i currently have an identical problem on my lanos, a 2000 model, but i had a head shop do the work on the heads. i have good compression across the board, i have good fuel pressure and delivery, good spark...

firing order = 1-3-4-2

reversed cam shafts= you will find the cam gear with circular holes on the right and the cam gear with oval holes on the left

reversed gears only... i have no idea

MMamdouh
MMamdouh wrote:based on many pics i have... the intake cam has the circular holes gear and the exhaust cam has the oval holes gear.

MMamdouh
This contradicts itself doesn't it?
MMamdouh

Re: Lanos will not run after rebuild from broken timing belt

Post by MMamdouh »

nope... i said in "reversed cam situation" you will find the cam gear with circles on the right and the one with oval holes on the left... the pic is for an engine with the correct setup

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267