first post! low power high fuel.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

good luck... ;)

what do u want to test with the multimeter? u can test the IAT (intake air temperature sensor) if u knew the actual right readings which supposed to be with your climate temperature, but the O2 cant be measured by a multimeter
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
fasterstill

Post by fasterstill »

Had new timing belt, water pump and aux belt fitted so i can use the revs without worrying about the timing belt breaking, had 93,000 on it so needed doing.
Fitted 40mm lowered, uprated springs fitted at the weekend. Not happy about the lowering, only droped it 20mm but the ride and handeling are transformed, its brilliant. Sits lovely and flat on cornering, if you realy throw it into a bend you can even get the back to step out, not bad on a front wheel drive car.

Still missing that 4000 rev boost though but am out of dosh(money) Atm so it will have to do for now.

Managed to pick up a copy of AUTO DATA from the mechanic that did the springs so if anyone needs any specs on ANY car just ask i have them all :)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

what specs u mean ?? :?
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
fasterstill

Post by fasterstill »

mezomaster wrote:what specs u mean ?? :?
Complete data list:
vehicle identification:
ignition system:
tuning and emmisions:
spark plugs:
fuel system:
service checks and ajustments:
lubrication and capasitys:
tightening torques:
brake disk and drum specs and dimentions:
air conditioning:
Key operation and programming:
trouble code identification:
engine managment pin data:
engine managment trouble shooter:
Gives repair times so you can check your mechanics not pulling a fast one. Loads of info,

PM me if you'd find it would be usefull :) ;)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

so this can provide the best tuning and performance ratios of the fuel and air and so on for a tuned engine?? like it can give me the best ratios for the fuel and air mixture for a 2.2L turbo @ 8psi daewoo engine for an example??? if so then it maybe useful cuz i am going to swap this engine
fasterstill

Post by fasterstill »

mezomaster wrote:so this can provide the best tuning and performance ratios of the fuel and air and so on for a tuned engine?? like it can give me the best ratios for the fuel and air mixture for a 2.2L turbo @ 8psi daewoo engine for an example??? if so then it maybe useful cuz i am going to swap this engine
No sorry don't think it will do that just the origional manufacture specs i think.
I've emailed you.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

fasterstill, didnt got any emails from u, i ve checked my mails and non from u.

u can email me here or at hotmail (mezomaster@hotmail.com) :)
delphis
Expert

Post by delphis »

if that cat has alos been worn out over time not enough back pressure could also kill the torque on the lower end.

then there is always the valves, if they are not opening or closing at the appropriate time or if some are stuck shut it would also be causing some lack of fuel to the spark plugs and be causing bad mileage.
1989 240sx fastback with SR20DE