2.2L on the way to settle under my hood

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

MM, i never ever try to say ur work on the daewoo was bad or anything, i know it was ur first turbo job to do and u did it just so great for the first time , cuz u do it and learn more things at the same time, i know the performance parts for daewoo, and i know egypt and i know u did ur best, all i wanted to say is just that u must have learned alot the first daewoo, and of course there was some faults which u descovered, i just wanted to avoid these faults and errors if started turboing this daewoo, cuz u must have learned much and also i do got a pretty much info about turboing and was involved in turboing other cars before, although i wasnt involved in the whole work from A to Z but i know already pretty much to support with ur knowledge also, plus i have my sources of getting the performance parts which is a bit a hard to find in Egypt and before i start the job i would prefere to buy everything i will need first so nothing could stop me..

but MM, that nubira honestly was a great job ;) but was just looking for more evil results :badgrin: :badgrin:
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

MM, also i know its really hard to get forged pistons, so i was going to look only for a low compression pistons from another GM engine, whatever it was, Opel or Daewoo it doesnt matter, just a low compression piston :)
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

no hard feelings man... i am just explaning why the setup was not that shiny and flashy

more evel results were on our minds till zikas came across the BMW... he then had a change of heart and went with the German manufacturer to conclud his modding plans, we were already looking for SMT6 or SMT7 and bigger injectors and wide band O2 sensor to get more and more out of the Woo.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

thats great then, and good luck with the BMW and wish u get the desired results soon ;)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

do u or anybody knows what is the code of the 2.4L engine??, i heared its 170hp
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

the guy who is working in the used parts shop told me that he got 2.4L and when i looked for the code it was X20SED and i know 20 means 2.0L so i was woundering, what is the right code for the 2.4L block, i wish i could find a 2.4L engine for any more power and wish i could swap the C20XE pistons to it.... :?

some body plz help with the code issue

and whats is the best gear box code to work with the 2.2L or the 2.4L
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i recon the 2.4 should read T24SED or something... can't be a #20###

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

yeah right, i must use an engine which i can swap pistons to it, so i can increase or decrease the compression inside it
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

wasnt chris or tom saying the 2.4 is a diesel? from what i remember one of them was looking for the infamous 2.4 but couldnt find it any where.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i dunno if they were looking for it before, but as i know the 2.4L is normal petrol fuel engine
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

C24NE is the code for the 2.4. this does not imply a relation to thye C20NE, take a look...

here is one of the pages on my favorates. it's a list of all of the opel/vauxhall motors produced up to the making of this list.
http://www.krausmotor.de/zylinderkopf/opel_zyl.htm

garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

why do you have to use the stock C20XE pistons?

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

just to raise the compression in the T22SED, it should be raised to about 10.5:1 in the T22SED and this means more than 150hp which the C20XE already give out from only 2.0L.

if u have any other idea to raise the compression then please tell me, but remember that i cant order anything from the internet right now or buy forget cusom pistons, so if u have an idea u should tell me which engine i can take the pistons off?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

do you plan to turbo the car?

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

if this job worked and this T22 could give about 160hp or a little less than that when i swap the C20XE pistons to it then i will not turbo the car now.
dont forget that the C20XE give out 150hp with 10.5:1 compression, so when u take its pistons to the T22 and make a 2.2L engine also 10.5:1 compression then u should get more than 150hp because of the extra 200C.C.

althought i will be thinking about turboing the car after a year or two and i know i will have to change everything inside again, but this will be after using the car for this whole time with about 160hp