Random Misfires / Camshaft Position Sensor - Fixed!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mrbnew

Post by mrbnew »

JohnnyC wrote:Well... I've replaced my fuel filter and at a test of 80mph, I got no misfire detection.

My theory is that the injectors just weren't getting enough fuel at around 70mph or so due to a dirty filter.

Seems to run a little better though, so I'm guessing that even if it isn't the problem (as in the problem still exists but I didn't have it happen again yet).

Cost me about $8 US for the new fuel filter.

I have the same problem as you and have been following the issue here. I replaced my fuel filter about two months ago but still have the problem. Hopefully yours is fixed but mine has been ongoing for about six months now. It hasn't got worse but it still sucks to have a problem that will not go away. Oh well, I guess with 83,000 miles on it I should expect a few minor issues.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

daewoomofo wrote:did you use the door pannel removel tool, as some one recently sugguested?
Well... Kinda... I started out with the window handle tool (trim tool... whatever it is). But it really wasn't pushing the sides in well enough to get it detached. The plastic on the fuel filter was a little brittle and one side's broke off, but it wasn't a big deal since the new fuel filter had those same clips.

In the end I used a flat-head screwdriver to push the white knobs that needed clearance through the black part. I got one side firmly under the lip then I did the other side. Someone obviously had a little trouble with that in the past on my woo because the other side just has one of those adjustable clamp rings around the tube... which works just fine (I would say I trust it more than the other side with the clip things) and is a LOT easier to deal with.

I should also note that I got 1 misfire cylinder 1 on my way to a meeting this morning. I got none on the way back. So... the problem isn't fixed, but... it is running awesome. :)
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

mrbnew wrote:I have the same problem as you and have been following the issue here. I replaced my fuel filter about two months ago but still have the problem. Hopefully yours is fixed but mine has been ongoing for about six months now. It hasn't got worse but it still sucks to have a problem that will not go away. Oh well, I guess with 83,000 miles on it I should expect a few minor issues.
Yeah... as you can see in my above post, I haven't figured it out yet. If you figure it out, let me know so I can fix mine as well.

If I fix it... the post celebrating the death of the blinking highway light will be very easy to spot. :D
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

am i invited to the "no more CEL party"?

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Hell yeah! :D
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

good shit!

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Well I've had no misfires for the past few days, but the CEL is still on with the camshaft position sensor. I think I'm going to replace that sensor because it is not very expensive. Does anyone have any guidence on how to go about this? I assume I have to open the timing belt cover and it should be in there beside one of the cam gears. Is it easy to remove and replace?
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

exist3nce wrote:Well I've had no misfires for the past few days, but the CEL is still on with the camshaft position sensor. I think I'm going to replace that sensor because it is not very expensive. Does anyone have any guidence on how to go about this? I assume I have to open the timing belt cover and it should be in there beside one of the cam gears. Is it easy to remove and replace?
First thing you ought to do is contact Daewoo and find out if your car is covered under warranty. The CPS on lots of our Woo's was under recall and can be taken in to get fixed for free.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

JohnnyC wrote:
exist3nce wrote:Well I've had no misfires for the past few days, but the CEL is still on with the camshaft position sensor. I think I'm going to replace that sensor because it is not very expensive. Does anyone have any guidence on how to go about this? I assume I have to open the timing belt cover and it should be in there beside one of the cam gears. Is it easy to remove and replace?
First thing you ought to do is contact Daewoo and find out if your car is covered under warranty. The CPS on lots of our Woo's was under recall and can be taken in to get fixed for free.

hehe my whole car should still be under warranty but I've done some mods that my dealership might not like and may not honour the warranty. PLUS my car is lease, so if they were to check that (i'm not sure if the service dept would check weather its a lease) I could get screwed cause my lease contract says NO mods. Also its not that expensive so I don't mind paying it myself and learning something out of it.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

what kind of mods have you done?

exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

daewoomofo wrote:what kind of mods have you done?
performance wise, the 360 UD pulley (this is the one I worry about the most), catback exhuast, and CAI. I could take off the pulley and put back to stock, but that would be a pain in the ass.
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Its fixed. I've been really busy lately, but decided to take it to a dealer that I hadn't been to before. They saw the check engine light and asked me what mods I had. I said "intake, exhaust....just basic stuff". They either didn't care or didn't notice the UD pulley and replaced the cam sensor for free. All is good now :)

I also got some routine maintenance done and they said they couldn’t replace the fuel filter because it was built into the tank..... ? On the work order it says unserviceable - in tank filter. Does this sound right?
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

ummm... what car do you have? sorry i forgot 'cause the post is long and the forum was down for quite a while so i lost track.

basicly if it is a lanos/nubira/leganza then their is a fuel filter on the fire wall and it is replacable indeed... their is a little filter on the fuel pump but it is kinda like a peice of cloth or so... this one can be leaned by hand but you got to remove the fuel pump to do that.

so the guys were right and wrong.... therir is a non servicable - in tank filter but that is not the one to be serviced, again this is for lanos/nubira/leganza, not sure about the other models though.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

MMamdouh wrote:ummm... what car do you have? sorry i forgot 'cause the post is long and the forum was down for quite a while so i lost track.

basicly if it is a lanos/nubira/leganza then their is a fuel filter on the fire wall and it is replacable indeed... their is a little filter on the fuel pump but it is kinda like a peice of cloth or so... this one can be leaned by hand but you got to remove the fuel pump to do that.

so the guys were right and wrong.... therir is a non servicable - in tank filter but that is not the one to be serviced, again this is for lanos/nubira/leganza, not sure about the other models though.

MMamdouh
Says he has an 04 Optra LS
a woo that is a work in progress