Suspected dirty injectors... what to do?? GOT NEW INJECTORS!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bfdm_mexi

Post by bfdm_mexi »

I dont want this to sound like a shameless plug, but i work for a company that distributes BG Products. The chemistry on this stuff is like no other. they have a tool that hooks up to your shrader valve on the fuel rail and injects a very strong cleaner, also the same machine hooks up to your throttle body and mists injector cleaner while the car is running using heat from the engine to ignite the carrier in the combustion chamber and leaving the carrier/cleaner behind. try going to www.bgprod.com and try finding a shop closest to you to do an injection service.
KIMO

hot start problem

Post by KIMO »

dear sir

I faced this problem from one year ago

I search for the reason for long time, this problem can be called hot start problem, it may be due to bad injectors or bad check valve of the fuel pump as i read in the net.

at the begining i changed the fuel pump at the agency (Abu rawash branch) due to dicontinuity of the pump sound.

but it did not solve the problem, and the sound still the same.

finally i changed the fuel injectors with cost of 700 L.E. from an shop not from the agency.

The problem disapper for nearly one month then it appear again, i check the filter which i changed when i change the injectors, i found the color of the fuel is brown (very dirty) while i use benzen 92 after change the injectors.

i realy do not no the reason is the injectors is not new ie reused or is there any reson other than injectors.

any way try to clean your tanks and fuel system and change the injectors from ageny and try.

NOTE.
I HAVE ONE FRIEND WHO HAVE A UNBIRA AT 40,000 kM HE HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AND HE CHANGED IT AT AGENCY AND THIS FIX THE PROBLEM. AND WE WAIT.

I FACED THIS PROBLEM AT 100,000 kM

M. EL-HAKIM
KIMO

HOT START PROBLEM

Post by KIMO »

I just call abu rawash now they tolled me that they have an apparatus to clean the injectors.
KIMO

hot start problem

Post by KIMO »

the injectors cleaning cost is 88 L.E. including the taxes

but you need reservation
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is nice to have another woo owner from Egypt... welcome to the forum.

it seems you got loads of dirt in your fuel tank... thats why the fuel filter got so much dirt in it, also this could be the reason why your injectors caused problems after short time... you know filters are not 100% effective and with so much dirt in the tank some of that dirt found its way to the injectors and caused this issue again.

try to flush your fuel tank to get rid of the dirt accumilated in it and replace the fuel filter you have... i know it is new but it holds too much dirt now.

also try to have this cleanup service and see if it will cure the problem... of corse you should do that after the tank cleanup and filter replacment and see what will happen.

as for the injectors... i don't know if the used ones will look like the new ones and i highly doubt that they can be sold as new. i get my parts from a shop at Faysal street called "Almoneer", this shop imports its own stuff so it is sheaper than most shops and all are Genuine GM parts... other reliable brands are available too with resonable prices.

i guess i will try that cleanup job after all... i don't want to spend 700 LE on injectors right now so 88 LE is a bargain even if the injectors worked fine for one year or so.

i didn't get the part concerning the reservation... it their a wating list for that service or something??

thanks for the advice man... i really appreciate it.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
KIMO

hot start problem

Post by KIMO »

Dear sir

i alrrady purchase this injectors from El-Moneer at Faysal this shop locate near to my house.

as i understand your already change the injectors and you face the same problem is that right.

the telephone numbers for ABOU Rawash is 5391241 to 45

Thanks
elhamy201

Re: hot start problem

Post by elhamy201 »

KIMO wrote:Dear sir

i alrrady purchase this injectors from El-Moneer at Faysal this shop locate near to my house.

as i understand your already change the injectors and you face the same problem is that right.

Thanks
Don`t go to Abou Rasha, 1st car is better and no reservations and u can get the parts from any shop and get it installed there , not like other dealers force u to buy the parts from them
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Thanks
i did not change my injectors yet... those are the ones that came with the car and i have 60000 Kms on it now.

i have taken them out before and i saw that they are leaking so iam trying my best to clean them hoping that they will run fine again.

thanks for your feedback.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

elhamy201 wrote:

Thanks
Don`t go to Abou Rasha, 1st car is better and no reservations and u can get the parts from any shop and get it installed there , not like other dealers force u to buy the parts from them
does that mean that first car got injector cleaning service??

also i can replace the injectors myself as i already took them out before... also check the how to about that... it is fairly easy to do it.

the hard bit though is the cleaning process and thats why i am seeking professional help in that area.

MMamdouh
KIMO

Post by KIMO »

dear sir

the injectors cleaned by a special apparatus using ultrasonic technique

the injectors are simply an solinoide valve that opened by taking an electrical signal to open so the only way to clean is to but on an apparatus that give this signal to open then path fllow to clean or use ultrasonic to clean as i think

kimo
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i realized that at my first attemp to clean them out... i had to open the valve but i didn't know how.

i came across an article saying that a simple 12V current will open it but i am not sure... any misshaps at the process and the injector is toast and i am doing the cleanup to avoid the 700LE bill and i won't try any methods that will lead to that bill :)

also i was using WD 40 in the cleanup process which i suppose is not 100% effective, the same article mentioned that the ultrasonic technique is the one to use when it come to injectors cleanup and i am more inclined to try that now. the service at Abu Rawash uses that technique... right??

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

can those injectors foul anything else if i kept them for some time?? i saw the spark plugs comming from one of my friend's car and they only got little deposits that are redish brown in color... mine are all black and full of smog just after 2000 Kms of usage.

that makes me wonder if keeping the injectors longer will mess other things on the car as i don't want to replace them right now and i don't this problem to get any worse either.

i can clean the spark plugs every once in a while and i already removed my CAT and i am not affected very much with the bad gas milage (19 MPG) because i don't drive my car that long (only 500 Kms per month) so do i have to worry about any thing else??

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

problem getting worse and worse now... starting the car is a real bitch :evil: :evil:

probably will get the damn injectors this weekend or so to spare myself the agony of such elongated engine craking.

will keep you all posted.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i finally replaced the damn thing :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i got off my lazy ass and bought myself a set of new GM DAT injectors for 700LE (120 USD) and got them installed.

now the car starts at the first crank and i am extreamly happy that my troubles are over.

i got to really test the car though by keeping it off for 2-3 hours then try to start it... in the old days it would take loads of cranking to start the engine.

i will do that test tomorrow and will tell you what happens.

DAMN i am very happey :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

tested the car for some 250 Kms drive yesterday and double 3 hour engine turn off/turn on trial and it is a complete success... the car starts on the first crank just like the good old days. :)

MMamdouh