IT LIVES!!!

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

lanowoo wrote:well if i was you, find who is the maker of this kit, and see if they have a good rep. hey... sometimes cheap is good... i would take that price anyday for the gaskets..
Yeah ill have to see whaen it gets here but i think its a triple layer gasket and i dont see why it would be bad ebay prices are always low so if it was retail it would probably be double.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

K so i got my gaskets and timing belt and tensioner(waiting on water pump tho) anyway i ended up finally taaking the head off my car everything is off basically although i had to cut on of the coolant hoses to get it off well i really did blow the headgasket and the reason it ran like shit was b/c coolant got into my cylinders and my pistons were basically flooded with the shit. And to make day better i come to find the gaskets i bought are low quality pieces of shit and i have to pay 140 on top of the 50$ i wasted on em. Basically my car is a mess and i miss it.lol. Well thats all for now boys and girl next update saturday when my car should be up and running.
Me car
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

yup I guess the price was too good to be tru.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Guess whos back? Back again.....Daewoos back tell a friend....Sorry anywho yes i have reassembled my engine and the daewoo is running again......almost flawlessly. Heres my laundry list of things to fix......I forgot to reconnect the sensor for water temperature so i dont know if my car is heated up or not ( Can someone tell me where it is and how i can go about connecting it without taking averything apart). Uhh one of the shrouds for the the belts on the right side is kiond of hanging but not hanging...I broke a screw off by accident twords the front bumper and i have no clue how im gonna repair i o was thinking of just tapping a hole and running a screw with a bolt on the other side....or super glue. Also i think i fried my battery because when i start the car and turn on the lights the dash is a little dim but then i rev the engine and i gets brighter and stays brighter. I think that is all let me just make a note for the future......this car is a BITCH to work on everything is so tight and cramped its not even funny. The entire project took about 10 hours and they were not fun hours. Well just though id let you all know and if anything i would appreciate some help with that temperature sensor more then anything.
Me car
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

Did ya change the head-bolts? Ya know those are 1 time use only things too, right...? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

Congratulations on your hard work daewhorider,

Your head gasket blew due to lack of coolant in your cooling system. Your engine got so hot it blew out (or maybe, blew in) the head gasket. There is now a good chance (well, "good" meaning probably) that your head is warped and may have other issues as well.
But hopefully it's ok.

I sure hope you didn't go to all the work of installing a new head gasket only to discover (later on) that you needed head work too.
Did you take the head to a reputable machine shop that does head work and have them take a look at it before you bolted it back on?

Also, see if the service manual recommends new head bolts. Knowlagable others in here will probably advise more.

good luck, and remember we dont lean this stuff the "easy way"
:)
p.s. EDIT, I just read Audacity Racing's reply regarding head bolts.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

OEM bolts are cheap... I just bought 5 more sets yesterday actually...

Build your own engine kit owns every other site out there.... period...

http://www.store.partsdinosaur.com/page151.html
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Yes I did have the head machined cleaned and replaced all the valve plugs, the guy that diod the headwork has been machineing all his lie and closed his shop a year ago or so because he though its better to work at home, he brought all hsi machinery home and now does it there, my head looked great after he had done his work. I did NOT replace the head bolts i was kind of stupid about it but after a few mechanics views they all said it would be ok.
Me car
lanowoo
Expert

Post by lanowoo »

Congrats on getting it back together, now on the dimmin lights. you may want to check your connections to your alternator and grounds make sure they are tight and make sure the belts are nice n snug. Now, if it was the battery there would be a problem starting the car, if not, then look more on the alternator side of things.

But again, Congrats! :)
WOOOOO HOOOOO for a DAEWOO!!
-SRI -RE:APC STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE FILTER
-VALVE COVER VENT FILTER
-CUSTOM ROD CRYSTAL DRIVING LIGHTS
-1200W AMP WITH 12" SUB -KICKS WOO BUTT!!!!!