Opel C20XE

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mocpac

Post by mocpac »

elso, is really really hard to find one of those engine s in PR.
ImageImage
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Sure... I understand where your coming from but the C20XE is just as old as the C20GET.... neither of them are in production any more....and neither of them would survive emission testing.

Simple solution.... rip out the 1.6L... store it in your garage (or at a storage facility) and use the C20GET.

When it comes time for emissions.... drop the 1.6L back into the car.... get it tested and as soon as you get back throw the C20GET back in.

It's possible to make this type of engine exchange easy..... a simple training video of a swap would be the easiest way to show what needs to be done.

Most people think they can't do an engine swap.... it's really not that hard if you know what your doing.

It's just like making a gourmet dinner.... if you've taped some chef doing the exact same thing it becomes easy.... you just follow step by step.

The engine swap could be done in a weekend if the wiring was prepared ahead of time.

Personally...... I'd integrate the two wiring harnesses and create some quick connects.

I seriously want to make a Lanos/C20GET conversion harness...... once I get Nick's Lanos up here I plan on using it as a test bench for manufacutring prior to modifying it for use with a high output turbo engine.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

mocpac wrote:we are ussing the pistons and ros of the c20xe, waht else can be use? that can made a diference between engines?
The Crankshaft is another possible weak link on the Nubi/Leg engine.... they haven't been pushed past a few hundred horsepower so there is no way to know what the breaking point is (were as C20XE and C20LET crankshafts have been tested and broken many many times over in the UK )

The C20XE cylinder head is nice but a X20XEV style head ( like the Nubi/Leg head) can be made to flow just as well with some porting work.

I think the C20XE cams have more lift and duration ( not 100% sure...I don't look at the C20XE specifications very often ).... but X20XEV cams can be reground or purchased from various suppliers in UK/Europe.

The C20XE has a completely different engine management system made by Bosch.... it would definitly be harder to make it work in a Lanos
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

Ok so if i were to find this C20LET engine would it bolt down and all i would have to do is relocate the A/c and power steering? What about the electrical, is it the same and BTW my lanos is automatic but im planning on reprogramming the ECU.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

C20GET.... not LET.... it bolts on without issue.

Electrical is the only issue that would take any time to work out.... converting it might be a little much for someone without experience.

A/C and power steering are just fine where they are with the C20GET.... it's designed to use the front mount allready so everything is placed differently than the 16V engines.

Hmmmmm...... Automatic might cause issues..... you would probably be better off going with the 16V engine/ECU since it should be compatible with your current automatic transmission ( the C20GET ECU will not be compatible )

Any swap will take a fair amount of time and patients.... it all depends on what your end goal is and how much money you have to spend.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
daewhorider
Junior

Post by daewhorider »

What about a nubria engine will the be a direct bolt on and work with the tranny. To be quite honest i have no experiance, i learned about everything in autos class in hs and i rebuilt and engine but if i get this engine i would take it into the shop at school and the teacher would do it for me for free, he has all the right tools.
Hi, I'm Andrei and I approve of this message.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2667367
Me car
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

the final say on the C20XE!

Post by gse_turbo »

So here it is the final say on the beloved C20XE. if your heart is set on the motor then you can get on from OPELGTSOURCE.COM, the guy's there are getting them in all the time and putting the them in the old GT's, and yes the have parts in stoch to back them up.
Before I go any further know that ALL the "C20", "T20", T22", and whatever the newer Isuzu 2.0 & 2.2's are, "y22's" I think, are all the same family! with slight differences.
If you just want a BIG DOHC Turbo car go with the T22SED or as some places have it listed, the C22SED, Leganza motor. it's a great deal bigger then any of the like Opel motors.
Know that the "C", "T", and whatever else are only emitions references.
if you startwith the Leganza motor then you'll need to decompression the motor as to not blow pistons apart and I'm working on bigger, stonger pistons and giant aluminum H-beams as well as 1/2" stainless header flangesand mild steel EGR block off plates.
So the only thing you have to choose from is a stock C20XE with a K3 turbo, or waiting parts dovelopement on a HUGE T22SED, massive piston and rod put together with an all but to big T3T4 hybrid turbo.

And for future Lanos engine swap ideas, you can put a T22 in a lanos and keep power steering as well as A/C, though i dont know anyone who would keep A/C in what could only be called race car, you just need to use the motor mounts from the Pontiac Optima GSI or Lemans GSE w/ a C20LZ and find the right accessories configuration.

Good night and good luck,
Garrett
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

C20GET for sell

Post by gse_turbo »

I forgot to mention that i have a complete C20GET for sell with computer minus the turbo maybe even the wiring i'll sell it for $1500 USD plus shipping.
come see it at www.cardomain.com/id/gse_turbo. if you'd like i could post more pics.
Garrett
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

One little tidbit I've been keeping under my shirt for a year or so now..... there is a 2.4L C24SE should anyone want to go crazy.

It can be found in Brazil and other countries like Singapore in the Isuzu D-MAX

I have a sneaking suspision that this 2.4L crankshaft is a forged Isuzu crank.

The C20SE is an 8V engine.... but considering the hell Brazilians put their trucks through (overloading them) I'm sure it must have some strong internals

At some point it may come out as an engine option for the newest Astra GSi in a 16V version..... but I've yet to see anything concrete..... the aluminum ECOTEC seems to be taking a large chunk of the older iron block's market.

Orginally I was going to use this in my T22SED build up but given the horsepower I'm looking for (800whp+ ) I'm going to have a custom crankshaft made for me.

So that's why I'm sharing this info now for those who don't know about it....here is some info.... http://www.bakhashab.com.sa/dmaxengine.htm
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

C24SE trick

Post by gse_turbo »

here it is, EVERY C20, T20, T22, ect. was built in Brazil, all the way back past '84. aside from utilizing different port thay are all the same.
now here is the trick. when i first was considering an over seas motor swap i looked into teh 2,4. the only difference as far as size is that the 2,4 is bored out . 050, that's all.
those parts can be gotten from the former dealers.
Garrett
lemanstuning@yahoo.com
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The Daewoo engines T20,T22 came from the Port Melbourne Holden engine plant in Australia due to it's proximity to South Korea.
http://www.gm.com/company/corp_info/glo ... /aust.html

2.4L has a longer stroke than the 2.2L... and it's bored out slightly.

Here is the Mahle piston application chart showing the C24SE and X24SE....
http://www.mahle.com/obj.nsf/A6D71C68CB ... ch='X24SE'

This shows the 2.4L bore/stroke as 87.5mm X 100.0mm and the 2.2L bore/stroke as 86mm X 94.6mm

Perhaps you were thinking of the older 2.4L CIH motor ( C24NE ) as the C24SE and X24SE engines are fairly new.

The C24SE and X24SE are made in Brazil .... which is why they use Mahle pistons like the Brazilian made C20GET.
http://www.gm.com/company/corp_info/glo ... /braz.html

As far as the 100mm crank.... it can be purchased from GM dealers in Brazil as a new part.... I can't remember the price.... something in the range of $700 USD I think.... it's been quite a while since my inquiry.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

i bet that 2.4 doesnt like high revs

:(
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

when you're right you're right

Post by gse_turbo »

Good job on the homework!
Garrett